Year 4 - 4

Beta: Cloudy

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

(Sirius)

Sirius Black sat across from Albus Dumbledore shortly after breakfast was served at Hogwarts. Sirius's eyes roamed around Dumbledore's office, pleasantly surprised to find it hadn't changed too much since the last time he visited it.

To be fair it hadn't been that long since he stopped by last year to pick up books on ward construction.

Fawkes looking a little peckish, observed Sirius. Sirius had the pleasure of seeing the phoenix be reborn once before, and he wondered if it would happen again soon.

Dumbledore folded his hands together across his desk. "Thank you for coming in, Sirius."

"Thanks for inviting me," said Sirius. "Remus was getting hoarse from yelling."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows, a silent question.

"He and the Weasley's were over for dinner when we got Harry's owl last night," explained Sirius, thinking back on it. Harry had frantically sent Hedwig to tell the family that Rosie had snuck herself in the tournament. Remus nearly had a heart attack when Sirius read the letter out loud. After he and Molly panicked for a while they switched over to what Sirius could only describe as parental rage. It was quite the show.

Sirius had laughed. It was such a James thing to do. He was so proud of how mischievous his goddaughter could be. Harry had too much of Lily's good sense to take up the Marauder mantle.

Rosie was clever, but she used her wits in the name of Glorious Chaos; Sirius could not be prouder. He wished she had attended Hogwarts with him and James, she would have been a delight to either prank with, or start a prank war against.

If only he could curb that budding malice inside her. While Rosie was an excellent schemer, however of her plans could be... vindictive.

It wasn't as if she were a cold or dangerous person. No, no. Rosie and Harry were both warm hearted kids. Kind in their own ways, even though both had a certain... feel to them. As far as Sirius was aware neither of his wards had done anything particularly heinous or dangerous, but it did not shake his instincts about them. They both had potential. Rosie's potential just seemed a more likely to come to fruition than Harry's—a concern Sirius hadn't been able to deal with yet.

It was hard to describe exactly. If Sirius had to put the feeling into words he'd explain it like so: Rosie was the type of person who would purposefully lead someone she disliked to a werewolf attack; but unlike Sirius, it wouldn't be because she wanted to scare them. It would be because she genuinely wanted to hurt them, or worse.

He loved her, he really did, but Sirius Black could not deny that his goddaughter had some Dark in her.

Being told she hoodwinked Dumbledore and stole the spotlight by entering the tournament... it was so absurdly delightful. Dangerous, reckless, and the definition of Gryffindor. Best of all, it was a scheme that didn't involve hurting anyone else. It made Sirius grin when he read Harry's letter before he burst out into laughter.

Remus was not amused. Neither was Molly. Or Arthur.

For some reason Sirius was the one who got lectured last night, not Rosie.

Dumbledore nodded at this, smiling. "They are aware of the situation, then?"

"Yeah. They aren't happy. Remus wanted to come down himself, but I talked him out of it," said Sirius. "He's furious with Rosie right now, it'd be best if he didn't see her right away."