arrival

-

(7:18 PM)

The sun had only just gone past the horizon, but it appeared to be like it was gone for hours, for pouring turbulent blasts of cloud covered the far stretch of sky.

The pattering symphony of these blurring drops backgrounded the rest of my simple day since the eventful visit to Freddy Fazbear's; it followed me down the street as I grocery shopped for my family, it was there when I came to the library to work on some study, it was there to accompany my usual absent-minded bliss of eating dinner in silence.

It seems never ending.

Just as a drum of wild thunder shook the ground, mother placed a plate of rich chocolate cake in front of me, the icing glowing under the dining room's warm light.

She rest her hands my shoulders. "I'm very proud with how you did today (Y/N), I really hope the exposure therapy will lead to relieving your nightmares." Mother pats my shoulders and kisses my cheek before attending to a squirming Dante begging a slice of cake.

Dr Fisher had commended me on my 'successful' day of exposure therapy at the pizzeria. Of course, he only deemed it to be that way since I had not told him the whole truth of my experiences...

Part of me regretted making that decision, I knew I wouldn't be able to find out the key to my repetitive nightmares by not being honest to the doctor, but I had kept it to myself because what was more important to me was figuring out what was going on at the pizzeria... I couldn't do that if Dr Fisher judged the otherworldly happenings as hallucinations, which any sane psychiatrist would do.

I dig into the chocolate cake with a spoon, I didn't feel like eating much but mother did go all the way to make it for me so i thought at least i should fill my stomach with something other than guilt.

With the rain murmuring from afar, I had begun to space out while slowly eating my dessert. Soon enough, I was pondering in the questioning of my reality due to what ive experienced today...

How did I hear the voice of my nightmare while i was awake?

Why did Marianys remember me?

What was with the disappearing hooded figure that stole my precious photograph?

Why were the animatronics so... observant.

"Oh dear,"

Mother's tone had brought me back to the present moment. She held a newspaper beneath her nose and sighed with a strained look on her face.

"What is it?" I ask tentatively.

"Another company in the has closed down... one i know a few of my old friends have worked for years in..." She dropped the newspaper to the table stilling for a moment. "I'm going to make some calls," she spoke numbly, her in-expression was worrying.

With the slight hope that everything would be okay, I look back to my plate for the last few bites of chocolate cake. Funnily enough, there was a lot less there than what I remembered when I stopped eating.

My eyes travel to my brother who tried to hide his cheeky smirk. I sigh and let Dante's thievery pass, instead taking my attention to the local newspaper, in big bold letters i see the title; "Another Factory Down After 50 Years Of Thriving."