Strings

"...Ready everyone? Okay... and now!"

"Just one more game, I'm tired, and we'll still get to play tomorrow!"

"Happy birthday to you!~ happy birthday to you!~ Happy birthday dear Caspie!... happy birthday to you!~~"

"...58 ...59 ...60! Ready or not, here I come!"

"Hip hip, Hooray! Hip hip, Hooray! Hip Hip, Hooooraaaay!"

"Hey, guys... Susie? are you okay? was that you?... Fritz? Are we still playing hide and seek?! I can't find anyone..."

"Caspian, Make a wish!... And don't tell us! I want it to come true!"

"What's going on?! Come on, where are you! Please! Can you tell me where you are now? I'm scared!... Where are you?... Where are you?! WHERE ARE YOU?! WHERE DID YOU GO?"

" wish..."

I unsteadily crashed into the bathroom stall, holding in my raging gut, wobbling as my legs give way in weak collapse over the toilet bowl.

Sharp stomach pain gruesomely writhed within me, quickly draining my every sense of physical control. On the inside I grew queasy, my innards tighten and then the swelling toxicity grossly splurges out in my overcoming hurl into the toilet bowl.

I gag, retch, messily heave the putrid release of regurgitation, clinging to the ceramic bowl for support between sickly blows and spitting sour bile in time for the next bodily surge.

My legs slip under utter exhaustion, I groan and pant intaking a gasp of air in my stumble. Then I sink down like a stone in water, breathing heavy as the ill turn finally passes on.

And as a new wave of relief came to pay me bittersweet visit... a silence crawled in.

It was an emptiness, a blankness, filtering out the limited atmosphere of the bathroom for something more abnormal.

Through this silence, every little thing became amplified; the dripping of a loose tap at the sink, the reverberative echo of my pathetically trembling breaths... and even my evaluative thoughts of the events thus far begin to loudly flow free without containment... it all floods in with the silence.

Everything. Everything about those anthropomorphic animal robots, even despite being so physically and intrinsically different from how I remembered the characters to be, with their new clear voices, human-like operation and their implementation of higher tech A.I; it all pricked out the inner churnings my nightmare's ashen void, stalking into my waking state...

"Stay."

That creature... that drooping, empty body, encasing endless black eyes... though dead as it appeared, was very much alive.

I must be loosing my mind.

The muffled music of the continuing stage show lingered through the walls. The tunes continued to delight plenty of giggling little kids... I slowly pull my heavy body up from the floor tiles and press my hands to the hyperventilating, throbbing ache in my chest still pulsing adrenaline.

In a reckless decision to investigate pizzeria and the unnerving animatronics, I breathe in deep and exit the bathroom stall.

The void expanse of the white and black tiled bathroom was furnished with purple doors, smoothed stone benches, white basins and adjacent shower stalls. A modern upgrade certainly costing a pretty penny.