𝟙𝟟

"Yeah—I know—it just suddenly came—no don't worry you don't have to come—Nick fell sick too? Huh must be some sort of virus—I said you don't need to come; we don't need you getting the virus—I have to go now—yeah yeah Ill make it up for you—Lilah, poor Alex is waiting just hang up and tell him about the development—Bye!"

I grinned as she hung up and did a little happy dance; I had successfully set them up on a date. I crossed my fingers and hoped that for once Alex would make a move ... if he didn't I'd probably murder him.

I had of course recruited Nick to help me and it seemed he had beaten me in calling Alex. A week had passed since our little adventure and Nick thankfully came to school on Sunday ... he still looked well ... tired and he had started coughing an unusual amount lately but when I went to confront him about it he had waved me off with a shrug and a joke.

I walked down the stairs of the empty house and found my feet immediately taking me to the kitchen. I mused at the small reaction then decided to grab a packet of chips from out of the cupboard. I sat on the island table and the house filled with noises of crunching as I tried to open the chips.

I sighed when I got it open and started to eat slowly, bringing a chip to my mouth, noticing the rustling it disposed, and then munching on it.

"Boo!"

"Ah! I jumped and my head hit one of the fridge shelves, knocking down a few things. "Damm it."

She laughed from behind me and I turned with a scowl, "you should've seen your face—it was hilarious."

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes and took a bite out of the stray circle of salami in my hand. "What are you doing up?"

"You mean what are you doing up," she passed me a pointed look and sat up on the counter, swinging her legs back and forth.

I wrinkled my nose and rummaged back into the fridge before handing her another circle of meat, "salami?"

"Do we have pepper jack?" She grabbed it from me and craned her head to try to look into the fridge.

"No," I sighed. "Mom and Dad didn't get any."

She finished it off and frowned, "I'm still hungry. Wanna make a burrito?"

"How quite do you think we can cook the chicken?" I asked, grinning.

She grinned back, "very quiet."

We set to our work from there, trying as best as we can not to make noise. She went to close the kitchen door while I poured the chicken into the pan, a loud hiss emitting from the meat. She came back and started cutting up some vegetables as I made sure the chicken cooked evenly. When it was done I put it into the tortillas she had placed on the plates and went to grab some sour cream.

We were a perfect team, making sure everything was quiet and perfect. Once we had finished, we assembled the burritos and sat on the kitchen counters while we ate, a bowl of chips and salsa between the two of us.

"Why do burritos taste better at three am?" She said through a full mouth, already grabbing a second bite.

I shrugged, "the devil's magic."

"Ha-ha." She rolled her eyes, "anyway, did you end up finishing that homework?"

"Nah. I started reading a new book instead."

"Hmm? Tell me about it."

She proceeded to listen intently as I gave her an excruciatingly detailed summary of the book, sometimes going completely off topic and mostly just saying how hot I find the men inside the book.