𝟘𝟞

"Woah, what happened to you," Delilah asks as I sit down at the lunch table.

Last night I didn't sleep a wink. Every time my mind would start to drift off a sound would make its way to my ears startling me awake. Sometimes the sound would resemble a crackle, or a snap, and my heart would race so bad I felt like throwing up. I stayed like that the whole night, drifting in and out of sleep until it was 7 am and I had to get ready for school. My eyes held dark blue and yellow bags and I didn't even bother combing my hair before I left the house so I had no doubt it looked like a rat's nest.

"I didn't sleep," I yawn and rest my head on my hands. "I saw Nick yesterday"

"Oh," Lilah perks up, "Was he maybe the cause of your looks today?" She smirks, sipping her soda.

"Ew no," I throw her a disgusting glance "He ju—"

"What's Ew?" Alex sat down, a tray in his hands.

"Lizzy had a little rendezvous with someone," Delilah says, a sly smile creeping up her face. "She didn't sleep."

"Really?" Alex inquires, his brows raised. "And with who?"

"Nick," Lilah bluntly answers. Oh god, the directions this could—

"You had sex with Nick!" Alex yells as he stands up, throwing his chair backward, and raising everyone's eyes to us.

A very very bad direction I see...

"Alex," I screech. "What the hell!" My face flared red with embarrassment and I was thankful that everyone's gazes left our group as soon as Alex sat down. "First of all, no the fuck I did not," I hiss at Delilah who was busy stifling a laugh. "And second of all, even if I did why the hell would you tell the whole school!"

"Because," Alex says excitedly. "Everyone needs to know that you lost your virginity and then we can all celebrate!"

"I—you're a virgin too, dipshit," I say casting him a roll of my eyes.

He glances at Lilah as he responds, quick and short, "only because I'm waiting for the right person."

And Delilah being Delilah didn't even notice. "So," she pushed. "What did you do then?"

"He drove me home you dumbasses, that's it." I didn't mention the fact he let me drive his bike. "He came in after I hung up on you and asked for a book then drove me home."

Lilah hums an mhm response not seeming very convinced while Alex looks me dead in the eye and says, "I ship this."

I roll my eyes. "You ship everything. Yesterday you shipped an orange with an apple. Besides," I say to the both of them, "you know I'm not looking for a relationship."

"But why, Nick's a good guy. You're grumpy. He's nice. Opposites attract." Alex explains.

"Thanks for the personality boost," I mutter dryly. "And I think your forgetting we've only known Nick for a week."

Alex adds, "and four days. Today counts as the fifth."

"Plus," Delilah juts in. "He keeps flirting with you."

I move over the table and flick her head, "get it out of your head!"

She crinkles her nose. "No. Now you know how I feel when you ship me with Alex."

"Do not bring you and Alex into this," I argue. "Let's just ... has anyone even seen Nick today? We have first four periods together and he wasn't in any of them."

Alex shrugs, "maybe the sex you had was so good it wore him out."

I pinch my hand to the bridge of my nose and try to count to ten. It doesn't work. I kick Alex under the table.