13 | troubled calls

Lalisa woke not by her usual sight, but sound

Lalisa woke not by her usual sight, but sound. Her face contorting in her sleep as her dream began to merge with reality. Realizing then that what she was hearing wasn't coming from some dream induced thought, but real life.

Her eyes opened slowly to the brightness of the television screen. Confusion lacing with her drowsiness as she sat up on the living room couch and rubbed her eyes, before pulling the warm blanket closer to her frame.

Why was the movie on?

Because she's certain when a movie finishes, it returns to the title screen... So how could it still be playing? Unless for some ill decided reason this exact movie happened to auto play on a never ending loop until you manually tell it to stop.

She watched the screen for a few more minutes, still inwardly debating on if it truly had been playing all night long. Because obviously, she fell asleep in the middle of it. And though it was something so mundane, it still puzzled her.

Shrugging lightly, Lisa looked around the couch for the remote, and found it not too far from her seat. Resting practically on the edge of one of the cushions, she reached forward and hovered over it, fully intending on switching the movie off.

"Please don't..." Roseanne whispered. Watching Lisa as the woman's fingers encircled the thin black object. "It... It took me awhile to press play... I'm still not great with buttons." She admitted quietly. "I'm okay with light switches though." She grinned.

Lisa glanced from the remote, to the tv, before sighing and placing it on the coffee table instead. Kicking her feet up as she leaned back and relaxed once more.

"Whatever... guess we'll enjoy some old fashioned horror movie for breakfast." She amused herself.

"Yay! I've never seen it!" Rosie beamed. Sitting up straighter and watching the screen intently as the villain reappeared. Engrossing herself in the plot and remaining stilled as such while the time passed.

After awhile, Lisa had lifted herself from the couch and crossed in front of the screen. Heading into the master bedroom where she had left her phone to charge overnight, and retrieved the device to accompany her in the other room.

She wandered into the kitchen next, on a mission to prepare some coffee whilst scrolling through notifications. One being a message from her cousin, asking for updates on the semi troubling 'sensation'.

She sat down her steaming cup and looked around the apartment. Eyes lingering on the scene that appeared on screen, before falling onto the couch where she had crashed earlier.

Her cousin had been receptive whenever Lisa would message her about the strange feelings she'd have. And last night had been one where Lisa was wondering quite extensively on it, and shot her a couple of near joking ideas. Though those ideas fell through, Lisa was still glad to have spoken them out, even through text.