04 | morning meetings

The more Roseanne got to know Yeri, the more she was sure they were going to be great friends

The more Roseanne got to know Yeri, the more she was sure they were going to be great friends. And she was right about her assumption of them being of a similar age, as Yeri was nineteen when she had died. Which was around four years ago, give or take.

So in all technicalities, Yeri was a couple years older than her.

But since ghosts don't age, she definitely claimed being older, and even forced Yeri into calling her Eonnie. At least once.

"Hey Rosie? You want to go to the marina with me?" Yeri suddenly questioned while standing up from their bench. "I tend to head down there to watch the sunrise. It's really calming watching the pink waves."

"Oh? Is it going to rise soon?"

"Looks like it." Yeri smiled up at the sky. "So? You coming?"

Roseanne stood up and looked to the direction of the water, before biting her lip and taking a glance the opposite way. Towards her University. Knowing what morning it was, and why it was so special.

"Thanks, but maybe some other time." She replied, looking back to Yeri. "I have somewhere I'd like to be this morning..."

Yeri smiled whilst nodding her head. Understanding they had just met and there'd be plenty more times to meet up. "Hey, I get it. We have all the time in the world. We'll just have to have our romantic morning at the harbor some other day."

"Especially since you know I'm gay, and now can't resist me." Roseanne winked. Feeling playful.

Yeri released a laugh before agreeing with her statement. "You can bet your ass that's the only reason Rosie. I'm just trying to take you to bed."

It was Roseanne's turn to laugh now. Her laugh fading into a smile as she locked eyes with the woman again. "You're cool Yeri."

"You too Rosie." She shorter ghost spoke, before leaning forward to give her a hug. Which she almost forgot they could do and accepted happily. "Catch you around?" Yeri smiled.

"Most definitely." She returned while releasing her. "I walk these streets all the time."

"I think there's songs out there about girls that belong to the streets..." Yeri pondered while beginning to walk away. "They must be about you."

"Wait! Hold up! I'm not one of those girls!" She chuckled and heard as Yeri's laugh echoed up to her. Watching as the young ghost waved goodbye.

Roseanne waved too, before slowly turning and making her way up to the University dorms. Taking her time as she walked and studied people making their early morning commute.

Roseanne smiled thinking back to her night with Yeri. The woman actually was a really chill and funny person. Almost like a ray of sunshine to help make anyones day a little bit brighter. And Yeri's laugh was like that too. It was a laugh that made you smile and giggle along with it. Bubbly. Exciting.