01 | don't be late

The spring air blew past her face in a cool breeze as she raced down the corridor of Degraves Street

The spring air blew past her face in a cool breeze as she raced down the corridor of Degraves Street. Running towards a juice shop that she knew awaited her and a beautiful lunch date towards the end of it.

Degraves Street, the slicker than usual alleyways from the spring rain littered with posters from all different places and people. Enticing others to join in on whatever it was they were advertising or showcasing.

And just like that, a poster with a guitar on it caught Roseanne's musically inclined eye. Making her halt and catch her breath as she began reading it over. Yet the dull buzz of her phone vibrating within her pocket brought her attention back to the fact that she was already running late.

While checking the message she received, she loudly groaned at the sight of the time.

Roseanne took in a single breath before taking off again. Nearing the end of the narrow passage with each step. Street art coming into view that designed some of it's walls now, as she came to a stop in front of the small but brightly colored juice shop.

"Jesus..." She huffed. Taking in some refreshing breaths and fixing her hair in her reflection off the door. Smiling to herself, she pushed through the glass and greeted the girl whom she was supposed to have met here seventeen minutes ago. With the very same, I'm sorry for being so late smile.

"You're late." The older woman sighed, with annoyance in her tone. "Again..."

"I know." She pouted slightly and glided over to the table her lunch date was seated at. The woman standing up from the marooned colored seat and the both of them embracing. "I'm sorry sis."

Alice could sense the sincerity Roseanne meant, like every time the woman apologized, and decided yet again she'd let the tardiness slide.

"It's fine Rosie, considering it's nothing new." Alice laughed off her annoyance. The both of them sitting down and her hand slipping around the spare drink she had purchased. Sliding it across the table to Roseanne. "It's just, I come from work and you come from home." She stated, sipping her drink before continuing. "I have an excuse to be late, not you."

Roseanne chuckled. "Well I would have been on time, but I couldn't find my textbooks..."

Alice eyed her younger sister. Shaking her head at the revelation that nothing could ever be simple with her sis. "You're always loosing something and always running late." She counted off. "What's next Roseanne?"

"Losing my mind and always being single." Roseanne smiled sadly and tapped her fingers on her face. Bringing the gifted drink's straw to her lips and sipping casually, even though the statement did weigh heavy on her mind. Considering she's been the latter for far longer than she'd like to admit.

"Okay you're definitely not loosing your mind." Alice tried her best to assure her sister. Remaining upbeat, as she noticed the slip in Roseanne's picture perfect posture. "But Ro, you're only twenty-one. You've still got time."