Chapter 9 Sports Festival

No one's POV

Currently, everyone is at home, Kobayashi laid out on the couch, Tohru cooking dinner and Nhazul and Elma going through SD cards after Elma misplaced the one they used from their last shoot. All while Kanna was nagging both Nhazul and Kobayashi about her Sports festival at her school.

Kobayashi: Gotta work that day. Can't.

Nhazul: Same, We have a very important shoot that day, too.

The response hits Kanna like shattering glass

Kanna: Kobayashi... Nhazul...take the day off for me, please...

Kobayashi: Sorry, I can't do that...

Tohru: Kanna, Miss Kobayashi's in the middle of her death march and on the verge of facing Hades. And Nhazul is facing an army of Spartans. Give it up already.

Elma: Hey, I help Nhazul!

Tohru: You're just unnecessary baggage for him to carry around...

Elma: I am not! Nhazul, I'm not unnecessarily baggage, am I?!

Nhazul: No, Elma, you're not.

Elma: See?!

Nhazul: Elma, that's the wrong SD Card.

Elma: Oh, sorry.

Kanna: No. I won't give up!

Kobayashi: Hm...?

Elma: What is a sports festival anyway?

Kanna: It's when you train alongside your peers to defeat strong opponents.

Kobayashi: No, I think that's a bit exaggerated.

Kanna: Defeat Hades and the Spartans fast, Kobayashi, Nhazul ...? Then you can come watch me...

Nhazul: I'm sorry, Kanna. But we really can't take off that day.

Tohru: Don't be so selfish! Besides, I'll come with you to watch the sport-

Kanna: No...

Tohru pinches Kanna on the cheek.

Tohru: Why is it gotta be Miss Kobayashi and Nhazul anyway, what am I, chopped liver?

Kanna: No, it's not you, it's just that Saikawa said our parents could come with us for the day. You're like my big sister, same with Lady Elma...

Tohru: Uh...?

Kanna: Kobayashi's like a mom. And Nhazul's like a dad.

Kobayashi gets up while Tohru has already picked Kanna up from the floor.

Kobayashi: Remind her we're not old enough to be Kanna's parents Although... some of our classmates do have kids already...

Tohru: Miss Kobayashi, you hang in there!