Chapter One

Morning soon came, and the news of Dave's death flooded the village. Townsfolk were scared of the assassin and who they might target next, however, Luix was not sticking around to find out. He was now leaving Pyrohglade, his next destination being the next town over; Pikestop. He heard about the death of Dave, but felt no remorse, after all, they weren't friends, he was just merely some guy offering to buy Luix drinks. He only stayed in that town because it was getting dark and he wanted a drink.

Soon, just before it hit midday, Luix could see a faint image of his destination; Pikestop. He hurried along so he could accept this job, complete it and then go to the next job, after all, all he wants is the money. Once entering the town, once again, like Pyrohglade, he towered over many of the locals. Much like Pyrohglade, people were whispering about the mercenary. Luix ignored these whispers as he continued to walk through the town with his head held high. While walking, Luix pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, revealing the address of where he must go for his job. Luix looked around, unsure exactly where he must go, so he quickly walked towards a weaponsmiths stall.

"Can I help you, big guy? You looking for a new weapon?" A tall, bearded man spoke up as he walked towards Luix, a confident smile on his face. Luix placed the paper down for the Weapon's Smith to see. The man looked at the paper, analysing the instructions. "Oh, you're here to see Lord Patrick. Just follow the path and just as you reach the flower shop take a left. If you follow that path directly you should get to his manor."

"Thanks." Luix said as he shoved the paper in his pocket. Just before he could walk away, the Weapon's Smith spoke up.

"Hang on good sir, you look like a smart man. Can't I get you something? I assure you I'm the finest Weapon's Smith in all of Pikestop." The man continued to wear his confident smile as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. Luix looked at the Weapon's Smith with a blank stare.

"You're the only Weapon's Smith here."

"Well, that might be true, I'm not lying about the quality of my weapons!" The man seemed panicked; sweat ran down his face as he continued to try to convince Luix in buying one of his weapons.

"There's something you can take a look at for me actually." Luix said as he put his bag on the stall table. The Weapon's Smith seemed intrigued as Luix began to search in his bag. Eventually, he pulled out something wrapped in a grey cloth. He placed his bag back over his shoulder as he dropped a couple of daggers on the stall table. As Luix looked at the daggers once again, he was reminded of the assassin who disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

"Where did you get these?" The Weapon's Smith gasped in amazement as he examined the dagger's design. Luix raised an eyebrow.

"Do you know what the symbol is?" Luix questioned as he folded his arms.

"Not exactly, however, I do know that this was made in Welterrim, and I can tell you which town too."

"Welterrim? But they're not known for their weaponry, more for their crops." Luix showed a confused expression on his face as he stared at the Weapon's Smith who placed the daggers on the table.

"Right you are my young sir, however, they have one town on the outskirts of the Kingdom, and in that town is a very skilful blacksmith, or at least was until he died a few years ago. To find any kind of weapons created by him is extremely rare. How much do you want for these?" Luix quickly snatched the daggers from the Weapon's Smith, startling him in the process, and started to walk away from the stall.

"Thanks for the information."

.

.

.