Chapter Two

The carriage stopped outside a tavern. Stars were the only light source from the midnight blue sky as the moon was hidden by a few grey clouds. The cool air gave the group goosebumps as they walked out of the carriage. They could smell the beer from the outside of the tavern, as laughter and cheers echoed throughout the area from that one little building.

Luix stretched out his arms and back as he stood in front of the carriage. Cruet tied his horse's reins to a nearby post to make sure they didn't run off. Meanwhile, Arisu pulled her hood over her face, keeping her features hidden. Once Cruet had tied up the horses, he walked to the duo.

"Let's get a drink." Luix said as he started to walk towards the tavern door. Cruet followed him, a mischievous look in his eyes and a grin on his face as his ears perked up at the sound of loud laughter. Arisu however continued to stand by the carriage and was looking up at the sky. It seemed as if she was scouting the area, memorising the layout of every building they were near. "You coming?" Arisu was interrupted by Luix' voice. She turned her head to find the two males were still standing by the door, staring at her.

"We have a job to do. Night time is the best time to strike." Arisu said as she started to walk away from the males.

"We can do it in the morning, we need rest." Luix stated sternly, causing Arisu to stop in her tracks. She turned her head to the two males; the night made it so they could only see her crimson eyes full of blood lust that seemed to glow.

"If you want to get wasted, be my guest. I'm going to strike while they're not expecting it." Arisu stated. She turned her head to continued walking, however she stopped as Cruet started to speak.

"Oh, I get it! You're scared of getting drunk. Are you a lightweight?" Cruet chuckled. Luix sighed as he rubbed his temples. He's really testing the patience of an assassin he just met? Idiot.

Arisu turned her head towards the two men, a dark, sinister glare leaving her crimson eyes. The wind felt colder as the girl glared and it looked as if the shadows themselves were moving. Arisu turned around and walked towards the males, her fists clenched tightly. A murderous aura was surrounding her as she approached them. Cruet quickly decided to use Luix as a shield, grinning from behind the male as sweat ran down his face. The female walked straight past the males and walked into the tavern, sending both males a glare before entering.

The males looked at each other. Cruet chuckled as he followed the assassin. Luix sighed, but then a small chuckle left his lips. He shrugged off the events that just happened and followed the two inside the tavern, closing the door behind him. He was ready for his drink.

.

.

.

After a couple of hours, Cruet had already conned many customers with his tricks, and was still in the process of doing so. Luix was drinking beer with a couple of regulars who knew of his travels and offered to buy his drinks. Meanwhile, Arisu was sitting further away from everyone, keeping her face hidden with her hood as she watched everyone with her crimson eyes, constantly scanning the room for any possible clues or threats.

The smell of booze filled the room as well as loud chatter and laughter. The atmosphere was a lively in the room, as if anyone who entered could forget about all of their worries for the time they were there.

"We lost again, damn it." A regular groaned as he threw his cards on the table, a sigh of frustration leaving his lips. Cruet chuckled as he used his magic to collect all the cards from the customers. Shuffling the cards in his hands, the young mischief spoke.