Chapter Three

"Damn it!" Luix screeched in rage as he punched a tree with his fist. Cruet watched as the tree fell to the ground, and sweat ran down his face. He was wrapping a bandage around his head to stop the bleeding from the fall from earlier and was sat on the step of his carriage. "He knew we were there! He knew we were coming!"

"It was probably someone at the tavern that gave him a warning..." Cruet muttered with a sigh as he scratched the back of his neck. He looked away from the mercenary after he finished wrapping his wound. "Plus, since he's been threatening that town you got your job from, he's apparently increased in security."

"We're going back tonight, and we're going to kill him." Luix stated, clenching his fists tightly. His knuckles were turning white from how tightly he had clenched his fist. Cruet turned his head back to the mercenary.

"What about the Assassin?" Cruet questioned. Silence filled the air as a gentle wind flew by. Cruet stared at the back of Luix' head, waiting for an answer. Luix looked up at the sky, a frown forming on his face.

"If she's not dead, we'll help her too I guess." Luix sighed as he folded his arms. Cruet tilted his head to the side slightly while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Here I thought you two were close. I mean, considering how cosy the two of you were when I-!" Cruet's sentence was cut off as Luix pointed his sword at Cruet, the sharp point close to touching the skin on his neck. Cruet swallowed a hard lump in his throat, and sweat began to drop down his paled face.

"Listen here you good for nothing thief. All I care about is killing that sick son of a bitch, and claiming the money for his head. I don't care if she dies, if you die, or if anyone else dies. Money is all I want from this. You got that?" His voice was cruel and the look in his eyes turned cold. Anger visible on his face as he glared at the small thief, who continued to back away from the sword steadily.

"As clear as day." Cruet mustered up the courage to say as he slowly moved his hands up for surrender. Luix pulled his sword away from the thief before turning his back to him. His eyes were full of bloodlust; he was determined to not be made a fool of for the second time.

.

.

.

The sky had turned dark as the full moon gave light to the two men standing outside of Chankason's manor. Waiting for the right time to attack, they made their mood and began running towards the gates of Chankason's Manor. Luix had his sword in hand, while Cruet held a pack of cards. The guards seemed to have noticed the two men charging towards them, and were in the process of drawing their weapons when Luix gave Cruet a command.

"Now!" Cruet released a small sigh before he threw one of his cards at one of the guards. The card seemed to have flown past them, before making a sharp turn and sliding across the bare skin of their necks. Blood splattered before the card returned to Cruet like a boomerang. The guards witnessing the death slowly backed away, fearing their lives would be next.

Dashing towards the gate made of wood, Luix used his body to charge through, causing the gate to break into hundreds of pieces. Cruet watched as Luix charged through like a mad man, using his sword to end the life of anyone who got in the way. Cruet couldn't help but feel both amazed and terrified at the same time.

"He sure is a terrifying guy... Is he even human?" Cruet followed after the larger male; however, he had stopped for a minute when he noticed something strange about Chankason's Manor. A part of it was missing, as if there was some kind of fight beforehand. Cruet raised an eyebrow as he stared at the broken Manor, questioning if this was Arisu's doing.