Chapter Four

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Hank cried as he fell to his knees. Cruet was sitting on his carriage while Luix was sitting inside, waiting for Arisu to finish her business. The sword she had picked up was the sword Chankason took from Hank. She returned it to him when day hit, and he was crying tears of joy. "If you ever come back here, and need help with anything, please come to me. You have no idea how important this sword was to me."

"It's okay, and Chankason is no longer around to take away the things you love." Arisu spoke softly as she placed her hand on his shoulder. Hank looked up at Arisu, staring into her crimson red eyes. "Just treasure the memories you have of your son and late wife, and live on for them."

"Thank you... Thank you..."

.

.

.

"I thought assassins weren't supposed to show any signs of emotions." Luix stated as he stared at Arisu. They were back in the carriage, on their way to Pikestop to claim their reward. Arisu sat on the opposite side of Luix; she had her arms folded and eyes were closed. While keeping this calm composure, Arisu kicked Luix' knee. Luix raised an eyebrow, not feeling any form of pain from the kick.

"Next time, I'll aim more for the centre." Luix narrowed his eyes at Arisu, glaring at her. Luix wasn't ready to feel the same pain he endured a couple of days ago.

"Come now you two~! Couples shouldn't fight." Cruet grinned cheerfully.

"We're not a couple!" The two shouted in annoyance, causing Cruet to laugh. The two sighed in annoyance, hoping for this job to be over as soon as possible.

.

.

.

Just as the sun was setting, the trio made it to Pikestop. Arisu and Luix were talking to Patrick, while Cruet was staying with his carriage. Patrick had given the reward money to the two and was currently thanking them over and over again.

"Before anything else, we need your help with something." Luix said, placing a hand on his hip as he looked at the small man. Patrick's face lit up; a cheerful aura was emitting from him after hearing what Luix had to say.

"My pleasure! What can I-"

"Cruet! Over here!" Luix called out, cutting Patrick off his sentence. Cruet looked over at the three and walked over to them. Arisu sighed, shaking her head at Luix' rude attitude towards Patrick, however, she decided it would be easier to just stay silent.

"Do you know anything about this stone we found in Chankason's Manor?" Arisu questioned, causing Patrick to raise an eyebrow. Cruet pulled the box out of his pouch, and opened it, revealing the stone they had found in Chankason's treasury. Patrick's eyes had widened as he stared at the stone.

"Is this? It is!" Patrick gasped as he stared at the shining stone. "I can't believe my eyes, I never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime!"

"What is it?" Luix questioned impatiently, tapping his foot on the ground as he folded his arms over his broad chest. Patrick jumped at Luix' loud voice suddenly speaking; however, he soon regained his composure and began to explain.

"Centuries ago, there was this magnificent temple. The Temple of Volo. Volo was a God who would grant any wish to anyone who would enter his temple; however, legend says he became upset with the creatures who would come to his temple for immoral intentions. So, to prevent just anyone from entering, he created these stones, I believe there are 13 in total, however, 2 are unknown... They all have some form of Entrustia infused in them. If the stone's Entrustia matches with the person holding it, they are more likely to accept the user and then guide them to the next stone. If one stone accepts you, the rest will follow."