Chapter 16

Meredith's pov.

I can't breathe, my chest burns from lack of oxygen . Right now I'm here laughing at the stories Cole is telling me about . Who knew that Nate was more gullible than i was.

A deep growl came from nathan sitting in his office chair pilled up with paperwork .

" Collin shut up" Nathan growled out.

" Ooh ,ooh what about this one, on Nate's fourteenth birthday, we laced his drinks with dragon blood" Cole started laughing again reliving the incident.

" Cole if you don't shut up i will fucking chop of your dick and staple it on your forehead do you want that" Nate said with a sadistic smile sending a chill down my spine.

Cole gulped as his face paled and his heart beat quickened ( if this is a word then yeah) Cole gave a nervous laugh.

" Don't worry Cole I'll protect you, now quickly tell what did he do when intoxicated" i said standing in front of him blocking him from Nathan's icy glare.

" No thank you I love my dick" Cole said as he ran out of the office.

Is it just me or did the temperature in the room just drop . I heard a dark chuckle from Nate -mate  sending another chill down my spine.

" I heard that someone thought that she can fly without needing to shift and fell in her face from the roof" Nathan said mockingly with a slight laugh at the end of his words.

" So that means you have been hanging out with Carlita instead of with me" i said making my voice tremble at the end.

Grab your book and pen , how to make yourself look pitiful, pretend to be weak and pitiful,droopy eye lids that are teary , the angle of your head should be 45 degrees up and purse your lips pitiable then you got your guy.

" That's not working on me" Nathan said focusing back on the files on his table.

Of course it won't work on him his heart is made is steel, i collapsed on the couch in defeat.

Mason suddenly barged in the office looking panicked.

" Don't you know how to knock" Nathan said as he dropped the files.

" This is no time to teach manners, we have a problem" he took a deep breath "a coven was destroyed minutes ago" Mason said walking to and fro.

" Just minutes ago how did the news travel so fast" i said shocked.

"Because it was done by Benicio, phoenix fire is impossible to put out "

" So now what?"

" Benicio escaped from our prison, they might think that his escape might have affected us " Nate said rubbing his forehead while thinking.

" How about we bring forward Red's coronation" Mason said." It shows the enemy that their attack meant nothing to us " .

" That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard" i said , " do you want me to point out the flaws".

" No need" Nate said before Mason could talk. " Rushing Red's coronation would show how desperate we are for power ,it will show that we were hit critical by their attacks and that we are scared".

" Let's just call it a day and go to sleep we would discuss this in the morning" Nate said rubbing his eyes .

" Fine " Mason stumped out of the office like a child if I may add .

Nate and I walked towards our rooms, Nate opened his room door and dragged me inside.

" Hey dragon breath I have my own room you know" my protest was met with silence.

Nate put us on the bed and pulled me flush against his chest ,not that I'm complaining he got nice assets. I tried wriggling to get a comfortable position. Nate gave a strangled growl increasing his grip on my waist he licked my neck where his Mark is meant to be.

" Behave little blue bird , don't start what you can't finish" Nate said with a hoarse voice.

I noticed that a certain rouge part of me was rubbing a certain sensitive part of him.

" Oh"

With that I decided to sleep in that uncomfortable position, before losing the fight to stay Nate put me in a more comfortable position with a kiss on my head.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"Hey red please " she paused before saying   "mum said we're having brownies today" a small girl with red hair and blue eyes said.

" I'm not in the mood Merl go away" I find myself saying.

" There would be ice cream" merl said.

I immediately got up and ran out " what are you waiting for Merl  let go"

We ran from the play ground to our house that was around the block, as we got home it was quiet and eerie . We both entered and ......

" Surprise!!"

The lights came on in the house and mom dad and aunt Anna shouted.

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear meredith and merlyn , happy birthday to you"

Mom and dad gave us both kisses on our cheeks

" Happy birthday my little blue bird and red bird" mom said to me and merl

" Mom can we call Donovan over" Merl said with pleading eyes.

" Sadly no Stella's sick but we would go see them tomorrow" mom said patting our heads." Now let's cut the cake" .

" Cake!! " Merlyn and meredith shouted.

There was a knock on the door, mom checked who was outside through the window, she gasped and turned around quickly and grabbed meridith and merlyn to a secret trap door in the shoe closet.

" Anna please go with them" mom said hurriedly.

" Who's there why are you suddenly panicking" Anna said

" It's him"

" Which him"

Mom looked at Meredith and merlyn and whispered in Anna's ear. Anna gasped.

" Does Brad know that he is here" Anna said

" I linked him" mom said closing door .

Anna pushed the wall and I open to show stairs leading down.

" Aunt Anna why are we leaving" Merl said.

" Somewhere far away, don't worry Gabby and Brad would  come after they take care of this problem.

" How long would it take" meredith asked.

" I don't know Firefly"

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hello everyone, I've not been able to update for a while because of exams, I know this is always my excuse but after my exams I would be able to write freely, well don't forget to vote and comment , if  you want Cole's mate to appear in this book comment with🍆 . Kisses 💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋