Entry 02

Don't forget to vote🌟
Comment💭
Follow 🥀
And add to reading list 📚

02

Octavia rushed forward.

She didn't care if she was probably going to regret this later.

Cohaine turned to look at her just as her hands clamped over his.

"Stop!" she breathed out lowly that only two of them heard.

Cohaine's hand continued to glow and Octavia had to stop herself from screaming from the raw heat that was coming off him.

What was she thinking?
She regretted this already.

"You have the right to attend this school, deviant or not, although that's just a load of Bullshit considering how much of an outcast you'll be." Octavia whispered, "So if this goes to court, you'll win."

Oh, so she was using this approach, Octavia resisted to urge to smack her forehead. Even with the way Cohaine was staring weirdly at her, he was probably wondering what her lame-ass speech had to do with him.

Everyone was staring at them and the attention made Octavia's skin crawl.
Her friends looked disturbed, like the idea of her associating with a freak was preposterous.

She wondered if they might need therapy from the trauma later.

"What exactly are you trying to say?" Cohaine raised a brow, he wasn't whispering and that seemed to arouse the interest of everyone around them.
"I should prove to them just how much of a freak I am, don't you think?"

Octavia ignored him and continued "But once you use your powers, it's game over. You will get taken to somewhere you'll never come back from, your family?"

Octavia laughed "They'll never recover, the stigma would follow them for the rest of their lives, they'll be the ones to have to live through the mess you'll create, you think the way you're treated is how bad it can get? Try using your powers then, I'll like to see how it ends."

She remembered to whisper, the others didn't need to know what they were talking about.

Cohaine's hand dimmed and Octavia was sure the smell of burnt flesh was coming from her hand.

Damon scoffed, angry that his plan to rile Cohaine up hadn't worked.

"Hey, Octavia." He sneered "When did you start talking to freaks?"

Octavia got up and remembered to plaster a smile on her face, "I don't know Damon, when did you become a bully?"

The phones around were focused on them. Octavia almost groaned, this was going to be the second reason for her regret.

That problem would be solved easily though, it was the rumours that would come after.

Stupid Octavia.
Always trying to see how foolish she could get.
And she managed to break her record once again.

Damon laughed, not the kind of laughter one did when happy, no, it was the kind that reminded Octavia just how humans could do a 180 on someone that was supposed to be their friend.