Entry 01

vote
Comment
Follow

01

Octavia's head was pounding.

She sighed and suppressed the urge to slam the tablet in her hand against the car floor.

Maybe she should, she wanted a new model after all.

Octavia decided to ignore the pain in her head and tried to focus on the video playing on her tablet.

Her dad was smiling and Octavia had to agree that he looked good in his suit.

He looked tired so Octavia rubbed on the screen hoping to give some sort of comfort to the man who literally carried the weight of the country on his back.

There was a roar of appreciation as he moved forward and cut the ribbon, Octavia watched as her dad was whisked away, probably to another very important event.

She felt an itch in her left eye but ignored it at the risk of disturbing her contacts, everyone thought the colour of her eyes was just an ugly brown and it was better that way.

The car she was in came to a stop just some metres away from her school. Her driver, actually her bodyguard, turned to look at her, she let out another sigh.

The car was nothing too fancy, although she could probably buy something far better.

But her dad wanted her to keep a low profile, so she had to be as mediocre as she could be.

She understood why, it would be weird considering everyone who knew her thought her parents were the couple who lived in an average house in a very average neighbourhood.

No one needed to know that the president did in fact have a daughter, another weakness, just the way his wife and son once were.

Octavia sighed again, then pulled the earpiece out of both ears, before shoving the tablet into her bag.

"Have a nice day Benny" She said as she climbed out of the car.

"What's with all the sighing?" Benny asked, he looked more amused than concerned.

"What I say?" Octavia shrugged, "school just makes me feel drained."

After checking that no one was paying attention to her, she pulled out the wedgie that had been bothering her.

Benny laughed "Remember..."

Octavia rolled her eyes, "I know, don't get into trouble, lay low and ping you once something that could put me in danger comes up."

Benny smiled"Good."

Benny was a teacher at her school and went by Mr Bernard. He could have been so much more than high school teacher with all the qualifications he had but was only here because her dad had asked him to watch over her.
Some people just seemed to have it all; both the brains, face and body.

Her school was the only thing that came off as strange in her very average life.

Her school was what a biblical person would call heaven.

Only a few managed to get in even tho lots of people would have wanted to. To gain admission, you either had to have the brains of Vinder d'melo or the money of Vinder d'melo, so either way you had to be him.