a little help from a friend

Ever since that rave Huaisang has dragged him to, Wei ying has been on and off hooking up with the boy with the mesmerizing movements, that captivated his eyes through the crowd of sweaty bodies.
Now it's four days until valentine's day and he isn't sure if their thing is too casual to ask lan zhan out on a cute little date. Nevertheless, he really wants to.

or

a cute lil (late) valentine's special for all my cute lil (perfectly on time) readers :D, <3

he can't be late, again. there's simply no way a human can be late to every single one of his counseling sessions. yet, here wei ying is, hair disheveled from staying up too late, in a sweater that he should probably, most definitely wash soon. it reeks of sweat and sex and wei ying kind of likes it, but he bets the people on subway and his therapist don't. he wonders if wen qing, that's his therapist's name, will interpret his blatant obviousness as narcissism or something. that's not it, really. sure, he loves the feeling of being desired, just like most people, but the real reason, why he hesitates to wash the sweater, is because it's lan zhan's.
it's his and he gave it to him during their last meeting, because "wei ying will look beautiful in it". wei ying wore it all the way through getting fucked by him and falling asleep next to him and just happened to"forget" to re turn it the next day. just thinking about it makes wei ying blush.

the sweater is of a soft sky blue color and feels all nice and fuzzy on his skin. it's now been almost a week since he's seen Ian zhan and he's worn it on maybe four of the days. it might be a tiny obsession. wen qing knows about lan zhan, of course, there's barely anyone in wei ying's life that hasn't heard of the man, but he really doesn't want to have to explain all the dirty details about this choice of clothes today. she might be both his college friend and his counsellor, but some things simply go too far and this is just embarrassing. he's asked lan zhan if he wanted to come over tonight, to which the taller agreed, so he'll definitely have to get changed before welcoming him to his one bedroom apartment.

wen qing very obviously suppresses a nose scrunch und instead just raises an eyebrow at his appearance, but she doesn't ask about it. wei ying appreciates it. they talk about pretty mundane things at first, like how balancing work and college stresses wei ying out, but how he is also proud of still managing both. eventually, they fall into a short silence, while wen qing studies his face, her fingers crossed in front of her chin. an amused glint appears in her eyes, "you know, you never told me about how you met him.", she points out. it's obvious who she's talking about. it seems as though she's trying to hold a lighter conversation today, which wei ying is kind of glad about. he isn't feeling the whole, "pour your heart out about all your self doubt and social anxiety, that you try to mask with extreme extroversion" mood today.
so instead, he's smiling, as he recounts the story of how he first laid eyes on the  unreal beauty that is lan wangji: 

"we met about three months ago, at a festival for alternative rock bands, in the city hall. my friend, huaisang, he dragged me there, because he discovered one of the groups on soundcloud and wanted to show them support, when he realized, that they were playing in our city. he just really hates partying alone, so i came along. alternative isn't really my style, but there were some really cool, danceable pieces played. then again, with enough beer, i could probably dance to everything... anyways, there weren't any seating places or anything, so people were just kind of all on one pile. in the middle of the second set, this asshole, sorry, rammed into me, because he didn't care at all, about the people around him. he just danced like he was freaking insane. he hit my side pretty badly, so i decided to sit the rest of the set out at the side. huaisang wanted to come along, but i knew that the band he was there for was up next and that he'd never get the spot back, that he was at now. 

that way, i ended up going alone and i just sat there, enjoying the music, watching the crowd. i like to do that, from time to time. people watching, 's what i mean. it can be both freaking boring and  interesting. that time, i was lucky enough, to see something truly spectacular." wei ying's smile broadens, "the band played kind of a fast paced, but soft piece and there was this guy, like right in front of me, who was just floating on the music. i know, it must sound weird, but that's the only way, i can describe it. saying he was a great dancer simply doesn't say enough. you'll just have to use your imagination, sorry. anyways, there he was, absolutely stunning in midst this suddenly so mediocre crowd. he was so incredibly fascinating to watch. it's, what i imagine, these photographers experience, the one's that take pictures of the wildlife. they are able to capture the beauty of these creatures, right there, in the moment. it's movements, that they always do, like drinking from a river or flying, yet there's barely any human, that ever gets the chance to truly look at them do it. so when they do get one, it leaves them breathless. that's, how i felt, when i saw lan zhan dance that night.