Chapter 3

"Come on. Tell me your secret. I promise I will not tell anyone about it."

"Ok. But promise you won't do anything about it. Like anything stupid, so I would regret I told you something. "

" Don't worry. I promise."

"Thanks. So... Where to start? Ok. So my mum and dad died. I had to move to the orphanage. Do you see the girl who is drawing a unicorn on the ground?"

"Yeah. She looks quite popular."

"Yeah, she is. But she hates me. She told everyone in the orphanage lies. I didn't know and tried to be friends with them, but everyone just made fun of me. I didn't understand why so I was doing their work and gave them all my sweets and was nice to them. After some time I found that she told them I was talking bad about them behind their back and was making fun of them. But it is not true. I always try to be nice to everyone. And now they are all making fun of me. But not only in an orphanage. They told all their friends at school. When I am walking in the hall boys are pushing me around, when I am in class there is always someone to kick my chair, pulling my hair, or making comments about how fat I am and how dumb I am. In my locker, I always find letters saying bad things about me. The thing is, the last time I've got new clothes was when I was four. It was from my dad. And now my classmates are making fun of that. For me, it doesn't matter if the clothes are childish. I quite like it. I just want the snickers to stop. I've got a hiding spot in the library. There is always silence and barely anyone goes there. But if I would miss some class I would have been punished for it. The caregivers in the orphanage also believe in those kids. Sometimes when they break something or do something wrong they blame me for it. I tried to tell the truth, but nobody listened. So that's my secret."

I didn't tell him about caregivers and their punishments. Once I told the police and they just visited once, asked the children, and didn't come again. Everyone lied to them. After that, I experienced the biggest punishment ever. I will never forget the day. They told me if I tell anyone ever again I won't be able to talk again. So I have to remain quiet.

"Where are you going?" I asked when I saw him go away.

"Don't worry, love. I will come back. I just have to talk with some bitch."

"Wait. What bitch means? Sometimes people shout at me this word, but I don't know what it is."

"Anna. Please. Don't repeat this word. It is bad. And you are a good girl, right?"

"Yeah. So will you tell me where are we going?"

"You will stay here. And I will talk to that girl. I have to say something to her."

"But you promised you won't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, I know. And because of it, I will only talk to her and won't break her nose."

"But you can't talk to her. What if she would do something more horrible. I don't want to have her blaming me for another thing. Please. I didn't tell you about it so you can go and try to help me. Please. Don't go to her." I said with tears flowing down my cheeks. If he goes to her, she would tell Mary I found a friend and it's against rules. I would have a punishment and now I can walk without feeling pain since three days back. I am not ready for another punishment yet.

"Ok, love. Please don't cry. I won't go to her. Just show me your beautiful smile."

He hugged me and held me like a baby.

"You know what I've just remembered?"

"No, tell me. What is it? "

"That I don't even know your name. But it's ok. You don't have to tell me. You already told me that you don't want to be friends."