Chapter 14

Anna's POV

I am bored.

After my brothers went to school (Vince and Chris to work), I stayed with mister James alone. For a while, he played some games with me, but after that, he had to work. Ry gave me some books, but I've already finished reading them. I wanted to clean or help cook, but mister James told me I can't. I've made a tea party for Teddy, built a castle out of cushions, and watched Frozen, again. I can't listen to music, because it would disturb mister James, I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't play tag, I can't bake, I can't do anything. I wanted to draw, but I only found pens, I wanted to make beaded necklaces, but I hadn't found beads. I didn't ask mister James to buy me colors because I am already so expensive. I don't want him to worry about giving me presents. I just wanted to find some way to make myself busy. I tried to reorganize my wardrobe but mister James said it's too much for my ankle. He didn't listen when I promised it doesn't hurt that much anymore! I've combed my hair a thousand times, only because I haven't found anything better to do. If Ry doesn't come home anytime soon, I will die of boredom. 

God had to have enough of my whining. I heard how my savior opened the door and walked in. It wasn't Ry, but any company would be enough for me right now.

"Rissy!" I yelled and jumped in Chris's arms.

"What are you doing Anna! You should rest, not run around."

"But Rissy, I rested all day. My body hurts from so much rest. If I don't get out of this house I will suffatocake," I said, trying to be serious.

He chuckled. "You mean suffocate?"

I nodded. "Can we go out? Please! You can choose where. We can go to the park or have ice cream or to your girl. Do you have a girl, right? And if you don't it doesn't matter. I just want to go out. Please. I will even go fishing with you, just please, I want to go do something."

"Honey, I would love to go with you to the park, but you are hurt. You have to rest so we can go play ball and swim and dance or anything you want. But you need to get better before."

"How can I get better?" I asked.

"By doing nothing. The best way is to rest and be patient."

"But it takes so much time and it's boring. Isn't there another way?" I whined.

"No, sweetheart. Now come on. We have to get you to bed."

"Rissy? Can you please stay with me and play? Or talk about your day? I can help you with your work if you want."

"Yes, honey. As my princess wishes. But you have to promise me you will not run around today, ok?"

"Yes. Today I will be good."

Once Ry came home, we played a lot. He is always so happy with me, but when maids come near us his face stops showing emotion and he is guarding me from their sight. First, it scared me, I thought I did something wrong. Now it seems normal to me, but it's still weird.

When Ry has to go do his homework I sneak out to go to Andy. I knocked and opened his door after he said: "Come in."

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in your bed or on the couch?" he asked confused.

"That's not the right question. The question is what are you doing here?"

"I am listening to music?" he answered, but it sounded more like a question.

"Yeah, I know that. But why are you listening it here and not in my room? Don't you know I should rest? Why haven't you visited me yet?"

"You have Ryan with you. Why should I come?"