Chapter 10

Anna's POV

I woke up like every other morning at four o'clock. I looked at my thigh and sight. I hope it won't be too hot in the summer. The scab began to disappear, but I know the word madam Marry wrote with a knife will stay there. My ankle hurts. It's blue and bigger than normal. My back and tummy hurt from beating, but it doesn't bleed anymore. My arms are also purple and green. I just hope my brothers won't see it. I don't want them to throw me out when they find out how disgusting my body is.

When I was prepared for the day I cleaned my room and decided I would go make breakfast. I groaned. Stairs. How much I hate you! Yesterday it was really hard not to show any sign of being hurt. At least now I can walk as fast as I want.

I had a lot of time so I made scrambled eggs with bacon and beans, pancakes, blueberry muffins, and fruit salad. I also prepared coffee and tea. When I was cleaning, Mr. James, Enzo, and Chris walked downstairs. They saw me cleaning so they approached me.

"Good morning sweetheart, what are you doing up?" asked Mr. James.

"Good morning, I made breakfast. It's in the dining room."

Enzo and his dad looked angry. So I started apologizing: "I am sorry. I thought you would want breakfast to be prepared. I didn't know it would anger you. If you want to I will throw it out. Please don't punish me." I started to cry.

Mister James crouched down to me and tried to grab me, but I moved. "Honey, we are not angry at you," he tried to grab me again, this time successfully. "You are still a kid. You shouldn't go to the kitchen. With us, you can sleep as long as you want and when you wake up, I will have food for you. We are not angry at you. We just want you to know that your only duty is to have your room tidy. Now, stop crying, sweetheart."

He told me sweet nothings and after I calmed down mister James said: "Now go wake up the boys, so we can have breakfast together. It's already eight."

"Are you sure? Won't they be angry?"

"No, sweetheart, they won't be. And if they will, tell them I ordered you to bring them down."

The first room I went to was dark. It was full of electronics. I wanted to touch it, but a voice stopped me: "What are you doing here?"

I didn't say anything from shock. "Didn't you hear me? I asked you a question. What are you doing here?"

Damien grabbed my chin and made me look at him. I tried to pull away, but he held tight. "Listen, girl, I don't like disrespect. When I am talking, you are listening, when I ask you something, you answer, when I order you, you will do it. Are we clear?" I nodded. He let go of my chin and grabbed my arm.
"Now, let me tell you one thing. I hate liars, so don't ever lie to me. I also hate when someone tries to touch my stuff. If you do one of those things, we are done. And let me tell you, you wouldn't like my wrath. You can have my brothers around your little finger, but I am my own person. This is the first and last time I am warning you. Don't cross me. Now, will you tell me what you are doing here?"

"I am so sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed here. Your father told me to wake you up and tell you breakfast is ready. I am sorry. I will not come here anymore."

He murmured something under his breath and pushed me toward the door. I took the chance and ran to a room opposite of his, but this time I knocked.

"Come in," said the voice, and I walked in. I found Elijah sitting on a bed with a book.

"Hi. Mister James told me to bring you downstairs. Breakfast is ready." Elijah nodded and stood up. I was already walking toward the next door when he scooped me up.