Chapter 5 ~ New Vods

Hang in with me, this is going to be a long author's note, but you need to read this.

PLEASE READ!!!!!

Two changes have been made to the storyline!

A) Ahsoka does have a father. I will go back and change this. For one, I've realized that it is way too similar to Anakin's story. Additionally, I'm supposed to be emphasizing that Ahsoka is naturally the Chosen One, and not created by Sidious like Anakin was.

B) Her age might change. I'm trying to work out the logistics, so pay attention for future updates for when I do announce her age. I'm just trying to make everything work with the Clone Wars and upcoming events.

Thank you for reading! Sorry the update has taken so long lol, but I think the chapter length makes it worth it. (With the A/N we're over 6000 words lmao)

"Come at me, Skyguy," Ahsoka taunted, readjusting her grip on her training saber. Both Shaak and Obi-Wan stood attentively in the corner, genuinely intrigued on what the outcome of the spar was going to be.

"Anakin's obviously going to win," Obi-Wan commented with a shrug. "He's been practicing for much longer. She's only been with you for a few weeks."

The Togruta kept her lips pursed. Cockiness was a trait she chose not to emulate. If her padawan was ready to surpass Anakin in his combat, then so be it. If not, there was nothing to be upset about.

"You're on, Snips," he jeered, powering on his weapon and charging forward. His first slash was admittedly reckless; Ahsoka was easily able to sidestep and pivot to face her opponent. He steadied himself and took a shot again, this time much more calculated and precise. The Togruta was quick to deflect it, but he foresaw this and swiftly transitioned into the next move. The duel continued like this for several moments: Anakin mostly on the offensive while Ahsoka blocked his attacks.

"Her form is off," Obi-Wan noted, stroking his beard. "Would you like my assistance in teaching her lightsaber combat? I know it took Anakin a while to catch on to the proper techniques."

"Her form is plenty correct," Shaak shot down admonishingly. "Watch... her moves are all exact. She fights with a backwards grip. I'm not certain where she picked it up from, but she's extremely efficient with it. I wouldn't bother changing something that works so fluently with her fighting style."

The human Jedi Master observed the Togruta's movements more closely. Shaak had been right; Ahsoka's technique was entirely accurate, save for the grip.

Ahsoka grunted from exertion as their rally continued. She wasn't really sure what she had been expecting, given that Anakin had been practicing for much longer than her and was the so-called 'Chosen One'. After several minutes of sparring, Anakin was gaining the upper-hand and perspiration had begun to form on her forehead.

The Togruta noticed a weak spot in Anakin's defenses and smirked. Being caught up in the heat of the fight, he hadn't taken into consideration that the training saber wasn't the only weapon she had. Ahsoka took a firm stance, then harshly swung her foot up from the ground and kicked him in the ribs.

Anakin exhaled sharply from the impact and staggered back several steps. When his gaze rose up to meet Ahsoka's once more, it was now laced with both shock and anger. Who did she think she was? Just kicking him in the stomach like that...

He wasn't prepared in the slightest for Ahsoka to cartwheel forward, then bring the heels of her boots down onto his face and use the momentum to slam him onto the ground. The Togruta pushed off of his head and cleanly landed behind him, slightly surprised herself that her tactic actually worked.