Chapter 7 ~ Troubling Predicaments

Today's chapter is kind of short. We're just coming up on something kind of big and I'm trying to set the mood/scene and give you a deeper understanding of the character's standings in all of this.

Also, in the media, is a picture and clip (0:05-0:09) of different martial art skills that are used in the chapter. I would suggest studying them if you don't know what a butterfly kick and a scorpion kick are. <3

"Our fight was fixed...?" Ahsoka stammered, eyes filled with anguish. Her gaze flickered  back down to the shattered wooden pole on the ground and the array of splinters all across her arms. When she had selected her sparring weapon for this morning's evaluation, the idea of Shaak damaging it in an act of pre-meditated cheating had never crossed her mind. The Jedi Master had pulled numerous tricks before, but none of the accounts had been downright deception.

    Shaak readjusted her grip on her still-intact pole and pushed it down further onto Ahsoka's throat, rendering the girl defeated. Not a shred of remorse was displayed on the Jedi Master's face as she listened to Ahsoka's confused and hurt comment. Instead, a look of something close to... anger... twisted its way onto her facial features.

    "Life will never be fair!" She snapped without moving her weapon away from Ahsoka. The padawan was finding it increasingly harder to breath. "When an enemy doesn't fight with honor, what are you planning on doing? Cry that its immoral?"

    By now, Shaak's voice raised to nearly a shout. Ahsoka was startled, and somewhat frightened, by the older Togruta's outburst. "You will fight! I don't care if you're at the disadvantage. Nobody will ever care, Ahsoka," she spat.

    With each passing breath growing increasingly labored and anger boiling inside at the fact that Shaak was treating her so harshly, the padawan finally had enough. She let out a fierce yell and used all of her strength to Force-push the Jedi Master off of her. Shaak went flying back and landed uncomfortably against a wall, but she still had no problem recovering herself and springing into a fighting stance.

    Ahsoka gritted her teeth and glared at Shaak's equally menacing expression. Her feet carried her into a dead sprint, which she then used to propel herself into a butterfly kick. The Jedi Master's eyes widened as the toe of Ahsoka's boot kicked the wooden pole out of her hand at unmeasurable speed. Not even the Force could've warned Shaak quickly enough to save her weapon.

    With both of them weaponless, the dyad fell into a ready stance with fists raised. Ahsoka, as she was very hot-heated at the moment , made the first offensive move. Her legs fired roundhouse kick after roundhouse kick in perfect cadence. These strikes were effortlessly blocked by Shaak, though it was certainly startling for the Jedi Master to have her padawan attack her in such a ruthless manner.

    Once Ahsoka appeared content with the number of roundhouse kicks she had fired, she eased to a stop and pulled back. Her feet never left their poised, limber state—awaiting their next challenge. This time Shaak took the offensive and hooked her fist on Ahsoka's right, which the girl nimbly dodged. The woman tried to repeat the action with her mirrored arm, but once the Master's arm was fully extended, she grasped it in her small hands and gave it a firm twist. A brisk yelp of pain escaped from Shaak's lips, but the Jedi pushed herself to attack again. Mimicking Ahsoka's previous move, the older Togruta swung her leg around in a roundhouse kick, which was responded to with a drop to the ground from Ahsoka. Once the girl was in a crouching position, she shot her leg out and swept it across the floor, which led to Shaak losing her footing and falling over.

    Just to emphasize her point, Ahsoka retreated several paces, then sprinted towards the prone Shaak. A feet meters away, she launched herself into the air and tucked her body into a front flip. Her feet landed mere millimeters on either side of the Jedi Master's sides, and she resumed a crouching position with her arms poised. The subtle, yet frighteningly menacing glare Ahsoka bore the woman was enough to convey her anger. It was something that the Jedi, and most certainly Shaak, would never condone, yet it seemed to work brilliantly efficiently.