33

Haechan falls quiet, confused by the man's staring

Haechan falls quiet, confused by the man's staring. He waves his hand in front of his face, feeling embarrassed by how he was being stared at.
"uh.. hello?"

Jeno snaps out of it. He steps back and offers a smile to Haechan, who in relief, smiles back.

"are you okay? not hurt, are you?"
Jeno asks, hoping that haechan wasn't hurt in anyway from the past. Even if they can't remember him, he didn't realise they wouldn't remember anything from the time he was with.

"huh? yeah I'm fine"
haechan mutters, as he stares into Jeno's eyes. Feeling something yet he wasn't sure what.
deja vu?

"do I know you? I mean like, have I seen you around before?"
Jeno freezes, but his body takes over and shrugs unknowingly. Of course, this version of Jeno wasn't sure himself, but all of Jeno's demon life filled memories were fading.

Only remembering moments rather than people. Maybe this was how it was meant to all end. with Jeno becoming a human but losing the people he managed to end up caring for.

sighing, haechan smiles and waves goodbye before running quickly to his class. Jeno runs off, quickly, to the tram stop.

arriving back at his apartment he takes his shoes off. Putting his coat on the kitchen bench and taking his things out of his pocket. He rests the sandwich on the kitchen bench next to his coat before losing track of time as he fell into thoughts.

do they remember me? I mean y/n seemed to look at me like she knew me, haechan seemed so confused.. and what if I run into Yangyang? will he remember me?

everything is going wrong.. great. I wanted to move on, forget that I miss them. But here I am, seeing them so often yet it's only my first day as a human. why did I choose neo city? why didn't I choose somewhere else, further away.

maybe this is what I wanted all along but didn't want to admit it to myself? noo.. no way. I wanted to forget them, along with my other life. But I can't. I only forget my other life, but I can't forget them if I keep seeing them!!

Jaemin can you help me? please..

do they remember me... is there a possibility that they can remember me?!