10

(Miles POV)

As I swung through the air back to my apartment, I started receiving a call, answering, I was met by the voices of my two best friends.

"Dude, Miles, how's it going?" Ganke asked.

"Yeah, 'Molasses', you and Hailey liking Japan?" Phin aka 'Real Steel' added, (I'm making a few changes to the game story) as soon as I heard her voice, I thought back to all that Roxxon stuff, Phin almost died when she flew me into the air after I absorbed the Nuform energy, I was barely able to push her away before exploding in bioelectricity. After that whole mess, she joined Peter and I in the vigilante club under the name 'Real Steel' (If you get the reference, you're my new best friend) instead of 'The Tinkerer'. Eventually, she and Ganke started dating, about 2 years before Hailey and I did.

"Yeah, Japan is great, we opened up a F.E.A.S.T. shelter here, it's improved a lot of people's lives," I told them.

"Yo, what's up with that tone?" Ganke asked.

"Yeah, there's an edge to it that isn't normal," Phin agreed.

"Just a kid with an intense life," I summarised, knowing they'd want me to explain even though I hoped they wouldn't.

"What happened?" they both asked.

"His name's Izuku, he was born quirkless and since quirked people are so common in Japan, he was forgotten about by his parents and abused by his sister and friends," I explained, being met by silence.

"Well, I don't think our news will do anything to bring you up after that," Ganke said with an awkward laugh.

"What's your news?" I asked, now intrigued.

"Well, there's two bits, one, we're coming to join you in Japan," Ganke started.

"And two, we're engaged," Phin added, my eyes were like dinner plates under my mask.

"Are you serious!?" I yelled in excitement as I arrived back at the apartment and grabbed my clothes, before leaping back to the streets with it on my back.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Ganke asked.

"That's so cool, I can't wait to see you guys," I said, "I'll introduce you guys to Izuku,"

"We look forward to it," Phin said.

"Hey man, I know you're working on that new spider, are you planning to give it to this Izuku?" Ganke asked, I let out a chuckle.

"Actually, he was already bit by it," I explained, earning two surprised gasps, "get this though, he produces organic webs,"

"Dude, that's awesome!" Ganke shouted.

"Yeah, how has he done as a Spider-Man so far?" Phin asked.

"We began his first swinging lesson today and he's already saved someone," I told them, "once I have more info on the matter, I'll tell you guys about it," I said as the building Izuku was on came into view.

"Alright man, see ya," Ganke said.

"See ya guys," I answered.

"Bye," Phin added.

(Izuku POV)

"Hey, Izuku," I heard Miles call, I turned my head to see him land, still holding the little girl in my arms, I had already removed my mask while I was waiting for him, "I'll just get into my clothes," he said as he pulled out his clothed and put them on over his suit, before taking off his mask, I stood up, holding the girl as her head rested on my shoulder due to moving up a bit.

"Alright, let's go," I answered, we walked over to the wall and then walked down it, before stepping out into the busy street. We walked for a little while before arriving at a police station, we walked in and went to the front desk.

"Can we please speak to detective Tsukauchi?" Miles asked, I was slightly excited, but also scared, I had a page on him in one of my notebooks, he was a detective with a licence to use his quirk, which worked as a lie detector. However, he has worked closely with my 'parents', though I would guess that he'd know about my situation; if they asked for anyone to look into my 'disappearance', it'd probably be him. After a couple of minutes, a tall man with short, black hair and somewhat-rectangular black eyes wearing tan overcoat and matching hat, underneath which he wears a black suit, a green tie at his neck with matching slacks and dress shoes walked out, when he spotted me, his eyes widened slightly, Miles must've noticed this because he walked over and made a shushing gesture.

"Hello, I'm detective Tsukauchi, it's nice to meet you," he said as he offered his right hand, which I accepted, still holding up the little girl with my left arm

"Izuku, same here," I answered.

"Let's head to my office," he said as he led us to a relatively plain room, he sat on one side of a desk, while Miles and I sat down on the other, the girl started to shuffle around before her head moved up and her eyes began to open.

"Hi there, did you have a nice rest?" I asked her, she looked at me.

"Y-yes... um... where are we?" she asked.

"We're in a police station," Miles answered as she turned to him in surprise, "we're going to be making sure Overhaul can't get to you ever again," he told her, Tsukauchi choked on air slightly.

"I'm sorry... did you say 'Overhaul', as in the Yakuza leader?"

"Yes, this young girl was likely tortured by him," Miles said with a neutral voice, I could tell he was trying his best not to get angry.

"Hmm," Tsukauchi was silent for a moment, before turning to the girl, "may I ask your name?"

"I-I'm E-Eri," the girl answered, I smiled slightly.

"Detective, I'd like to keep both Eri and Izuku's presence here a secret," Miles said.

"Why is that?" Tsukauchi asked, I covered Eri's ears

"If Overhaul is after her, he may look for times she's registered as being in a police station," Miles said, the detective donned a thoughtful look.

"Fair enough, what do you suggest?"

"Eri can stay with us, she clearly trusts Izuku, so it'll be best for her. I know he's a responsible person," Miles said.

"Understandable, I guess you'd like to keep Izuku's arrival here a secret as well?"

"Yeah, I'll be training to enter UA, but I think it would be best to have some time to recover from my... experiences," Tsukauchi nodded at my reasoning, we stood up, I kept holding Eri, I wanted to keep her close to me, though as we were leaving, a thought crossed my mind, "is there any chance I can adopt her?" I asked after turning back to face the detective, he looked in surprise.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I said confidently and calmly.

"What's adoption?" Eri asked quietly, I looked at her with a warm smile.

"It means that I become your papa," I told her, her eyes widened.

"R-really?" she asked, my smile widened.

"Yup," a smile donned her face, one brighter than the sun.

"Yay!"

To Be Continued...