8

"This is all your fault!"

Jungkook peeked out of from under the car. Grime and black dirt streaked across his cheeks, making him look absolutely adorable. "It's not my fault that your car is from the Paleolithic times!" He protested. "One day she's going to break down on you in the middle of nowhere, chipmunk."

Jungkook and I had decided to go driving around and spend the day together. Unfortunately, within the first hour of our date, my car had broken down not the side of the road after dingus Jungkook had decided to try and drive it up to 90 MPH .

I patted my pale blue Subaru 360 that I named Bluebell. "She's a trooper," I replied, "I'm not letting her go."

"I'll buy you a new car," Jungkook offered.

"With what?" I laughed. "You don't have a job, Jungkook."

"Yes, I do. I'm a full-time boyfriend. Do you know how much work that is?" Jungkook demanded indignantly. "Especially when my girlfriend drives an oiled fossil around the streets."

"Yes, well, I mean, you don't have a job that actually pays you." I rolled my eyes.

Jungkook scooted fully out from under the car and sat up, tossing the wrench onto the ground beside him. He wiped his cheek, smearing more grime everywhere. "I could be a stripper," he smirked. "I'd get tons of money in an instant."

"Not a chance," I snapped. "You're too bumptious to make a good stripper."

Jungkook's smirk widened into something wicked that made my lower stomach twist. "I'd make a wonderful stripper. Nobody would be able to get enough of my body." As if to prove his point, in one swift motion he whipped off his shirt.

My breath hitched. I'd seen glimpses of Jungkook's bare upper body whenever his shirt edged up or if we got into one of our heated moments. But never, in full daylight, had I laid eyes on his chest and abdominals.

He was glorious. Deliciously tanned skin that were shaped into ridges of hard muscle and strong chest. I blinked several times, trying to refocus. My entire face burned as I realized I'd been staring a second longer than necessary.

"I think you're a little too cocky about your body," I managed to get out.

He stood up and reached for me. I squeaked and backpedalled, protesting about his dirty hands. However, his hand managed to grab the front of my shirt and pull me back against him. "I think," he breathed, Busan dialect running thickly coloring his words, "I have a right to be a little cocky about my body. Wouldn't you agree?"

A craving was forming inside me as Jungkook guided my hands to his chest. From there, I didn't need any more prompting. My hands glided over his smooth chest and down to the solid, tight muscles of his eight pack. My heart slammed in my chest as I traced the deep grooves of his abdominals and then moved even lower.

"Mei," he groaned, eyes sliding shut as I ran my fingers at the waistband of his jeans, slipping my hand briefly under the belt. His hips bucked and heat flooded through my body.

All thoughts of his dirty hands disappeared as he cupped my face and pressed his mouth tightly against mine. His kisses were fierce, desperate as if he couldn't get enough of me. He parted my lips and tongue slipping inside my mouth.

Before I realized it, I was pressed up against the car. His hands ran down my back and gripped my hips. A wave of dizziness washed over me as I could feel his hardness against me, making the pit of my stomach throb.

And then a loud horn shattered the moment.

Gasping, Jungkook and I broke apart just as a car whizzed past. A few catcalls were thrown at us.

Jungkook yelled something less than complimentary back at the car though the passengers would never hear him.

I grinned, cheeks flushed yet a sense of almost euphoria filling me. I wanted more. But later, when we weren't on the side of the road in plain daylight and when we were both more prepared. "It's just as well," I told Jungkook. "Besides, Bluebell doesn't deserve to witness our dirty acts."

"Bluebell can suck a dick," Jungkook muttered under his breath.

-Bluebell-

I groan in frustration.

Bluebell isn't starting up and I'm stranded in the school parking lot.

"Come on girl," I mutter as I pop open the hood of the car to try and examine the engine. "What's wrong with you?"

"Car troubles?"

My heart lurches. Why does he keep showing up? Why can't he stay away? "Nothing I can't handle," I say stiffly without looking behind me.

Jungkook steps forward into my peripheral vision and peers into the exposed engine compartments. He whistles. "Your car is so old. Where'd you get it, the Paleolithic age?"

I don't even smile.

Jungkook reaches in and quickly examines the map of wires under the hood. "There could be any number of reasons why your car isn't starting. But the most likely reason is a faulty starter."

"But that can be fixed right?" I ask nervously.

Jungkook scratches his head. "With the right tools I could fix her up right now. Do you have a toolbox or anything with you?"

I mutely shake my head.

"Then we're going to need to tow your car to a shop or something." Jungkook pulls out his phone. "I have a friend that might help us. I'll give him a call. In the meantime, what are you going to do?"

I shrug. "I'll wait until the tow truck comes."

Jungkook arches his brow. "That's a ridiculous waste of time." He hesitates. "Do you want to grab some food while we wait?"

"That's not a good idea," I say immediately.

Jungkook frowns. "Why are you so against knowing me, Mei?" He asks softly. "Did I... did I do something to you in the past?"

My heart is threatening to crack for the hundredth time this week.

"Please, whatever I did, Mei, give me a second chance," Jungkook pleads when I don't respond. "I wasn't in my right mind before. But now I'm Cured and in my right mind. Let me right the wrong I did to you."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Jungkook," I whisper back. "It's them that screwed us over."

"'Us'? 'Them'?" Jungkook echoes, confused. He has yet to realize who I am, what we were before.

I close my eyes, sinking my teeth into my lip until a stab of pain flares from it followed by the taste of blood. Jungkook had once said he'd bring hell down itself to bring me back if the Curing wiped my memories.

But how do you bring hell down if you're already in it?

❁❁❁