Chapter Two- The school.

Once they pushed the raft into the sea, they hopped on and sat down. The once dark sky turned to a lighter blue, the fog covering the air, it was pretty cold. She placed her hand in the ocean, like wise to the weather, the ocean was pretty cold too. "I'm sorry for, almost killing us back there..." She said turning towards him. He stood on the raft looking around, "it's..fine, just be more cautious of your surroundings next time, alright?" He said, still looking out towards the sea. "By the way, I don't think i ever introduced myself," She stood up, "I'm Six!" She held her hand out. He turned towards her direction, "Nice to meet you Six, I'm Mono," he grabbed her hand and shook it in response. "It's gonna be awhile before we get to our destination, feel free to rest if you'd like" He said, She stood there awkwardly, what if she were to fall off and drown? Or some monster were to come up and eat them? She did know what could be in the ocean. "Go on, Ill watch over you.." He added, now he was staring back at her. She nodded and laid down, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. "Hey", "Hey cmon we're here", "Six", was being whispered in her ears and she was gently being shook awake. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Cmon were here" He whispered. She opened her eyes to see the familiar paper brown bag of her new friend. "We're what?" She asked sleepily, "we're here" he whispered and stood her up. Fumbling on the raft, he helped her get off and onto her feet. "We've got to go quick" He said. "Where are we going?" She yawned. "You'll see" he grabbed her hand and started walking. "Don't yell this time" he laughed. She could feel the sad between her toes again, her eyes fading from black and the world. Mono had led her through an abandoned house, when they reached and alleyway. "I'm gonna need your help pulling this" Mono said as he let go over her hand and started walking towards a giant garbage bin. Six followed behind and pulled as hard as she could in her groggy state. "That's good, Cmon" Mono grabbed her hand again and let her through a small hole in the fencing.

They arrived at what looked like a school. "Are you serious? We're going to school?" Six said. "Yeah, but we won't be there for long, we have to pass through, but we've got to make it quick." He said, "There" pointing towards a rope made of sheets that lead into the window of the school. He ran and jumped onto the rope and started climbing, Six followed. Once inside the school, he carefully walked and looked down at the planks. "What're you doing?" Six asked, "There are traps in here everywhere, watch your step." He said. After walking for awhile, they came across a wall, "I'll boost you up" Mono said while walking towards the wall. "Okay.." six said, She wasnt paying attention and stepped on floor board that had rigged a trap, a light had come falling down and was swinging towards Mono. He quickly turned and crouched, a small gasp left his mouth. The light had just barely passed him, he could feel the wind flow past his body. The light flew past and slammed into the piece of wood Mono was originally going to boost Six over. He just stayed on the floor crouched for a second, he was terrified he froze up like a goat. He had been so close to death, he'd been close before but this time it was different, other times he was able to outrun and come up with a strategy to escape alive, this time he had to rely on his reflexes, reaction time, and luck.

"I am so sorry Mono" Six said running towards him. "You could've killed me." He mumbled, "What?" She said reaching her hand out to help him up. "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!" He yelled and got up. "I TOLD YOU TO WATCH YOUR STEP!" He yelled again. Six pulled her hand back, "Let's just..go" He said, more calmly this time, but still just as upset. He hopped on top the light, from there he jumped and pulled himself over the small wooden wall, that now had scrape marks from the light. Six followed closely behind, She was so foucused in Monos movement this time, she didn't want to upset him, or actually get him killed again. Mono lightly placed his foot on every plank to just confirm it wasnt rigged to a trap. He stepped a little to hard on one of the planks, just his luck it was a rigged one. Two buckets full of heavy items flew back and fourth, He yanked Six back in the process. "Hoooly-" Six said, her voice shook, you could hear her fear in it. "Come on, we've got a long way to go. ." Mono said while walking towards a small breaking they could crawl through. Crawling through, Six could see the shadow of a smaller person run by. "Hey! There's another kid here!" Six said excitedly. "No, they're not like us, stay away from their shadows at all costs" Mono said while he climbed a few lockers. They continued walking in until the little "children" had trapped Mono in a locker. He shook and shook the locker trying to escape but the was no luck. He was trapped. "SIX!" He yelled, "MONO!" And "HELP!" Repeatedly being yelled by Six, she had gotten jumped by the shadows of the children that she thought were like her and Mono, He was right, they were nothing like them. Their hands were skinny, and cold like glass, they didn't really speak, they only laughed. There was so many of them she had no chance of escaping, there had to be five at least tackling and attacking her, and one or two on top the locker Mono was trapped in to prevent him from getting out and rescuing her. They over powered her and took her up to the attic. He shook and shook the locker, but by the time he finally was able to get out, Six and the other kids were already gone. "Shit" he mumbled he ran towards the direction the Six was taken, only to see a ladder being pulled up into the attic.

"Well, this certainly did not go as planned" Mono sighed. He looked around, behind was a hammer lying on the floor, and in the door frame was one of the kids that had taken her. Mono climbed over the locker that he was previously trapped in and picked up the hammer, and slowly walked up behind the student. He blew all his anger into the throw of the hammer, and aimed it towards the students' head. When the hammer had made contact with his head, it exploded (not a real explosion) and broke into tiny pieces. "W-what the?" He stuttered. Mono bent down and picked up the remains on the students head, it was porcelain, the student was real. But if he was made out of porcelain, how could he be alive? A question he couldn't answer.