Tearful Reunion

Alright! The longer-than-usual pause between chapters should be over with now, I had some shit to deal with but it's all good now and my computer is running again! 

Thank you to the people that created characters for this story, and I'm afraid that I have news for you....one of you will be chosen to be on Mephisto's side-that's a really bad way of phrasing it. Will be working for Mephisto is better.  Restart. One of you will be chosen to be working for Mephisto! Let's spin the wheel, shall we? 

:leaves to go spin wheel with names on it:

....

Don't worry, I'll be nice to them.

---------------------------------------

Egyn didn't know what to expect, but it certainly wasn't Astaroth waking up and shouting 'Damned Shinigami!'. 

Iblis, Amaimon, Azazel, and Egyn had been sitting around the medical beds with their tails wrapped tightly into a giant ball. 

"They'll wake up, right?" Egyn whispered to Azazel.

The older demon patted Egyn's head. "Of course they will, they're two of our strongest."

"Yeah," Egyn said, his nails raking against the back of his hand. "Yeah, you're right. They'll be fine-"

It was at that moment that Astaroth rose from the bed like a vampire from a coffin and cursed out, "Damn Shinigami!" 

Egyn jumped backward (sideways) into Iblis's arms and stared at his awoken brother. 

Astaroth looked at him and laughed before getting a coaltar to the face.

"You may have been severely wounded," Egyn scowled, "but you weren't asleep long enough for me to be to concerned about hugging you and not killing you."

Astaroth smiled after removing the coaltar from his ear and sat down criss-cross on the bed. "You wouldn't want to kill me before I give you your surprise."

Egyn narrowed his eyes, "What surprise?"

Astaroth smiled and tapped a nail on Rin's forehead. A bright blue light erupted from Rin's forehead minutes later and a familiar shadow beast rose from Rin's shadow. His eyes fluttered open and he gave his brothers a sheepish smile, unintentionally showing off his broken canines. "Hey."

Amaimon was the first to break down into tears, forgetting about everyone else around him, he tackled Rin into a hug and refused to let go. 

Iblis followed soon after. The Apathetic King shed his title as he scrambled to grab onto his younger brother, too afraid to even think of ever letting go. 

Egyn sat and stared at Rin before slowly walking forward and collapsing onto the bed. He put Rin's hand to his forehead and held it there while he cried. 

Azazel blinked and wrapped his arms around Rin's head. "How dare you make me worry like this," he whispered. Azazel might have seemed the calmest this entire time, but he was the eldest sibling. Three of his younger siblings, the youngest three of his siblings, had been hurt without him being able to do a thing. Spreading his arms open, he pulled all of his siblings into a hug and placed a barrier around them. 

Rin sat in shock as the warmth of his siblings settled in. They were all here. They were all here. 

He watched as Azazel's barrier surrounded them and let loose a horrific wail. No, not horrific. Pained. He brought his arms up and hugged his brothers as tightly as they were hugging him. Mephisto couldn't touch him right now. His brothers were all here.