Joseph Chandler #1

The grey skies of Whitechapel offered no comfort, the large raindrops pooling together on the crappy path causing the young woman to frown. There was no way she'd be able to return home with dry feet. The rumble of a car pulling up beside her breaking her game of chicken with the growing puddle. "Could we have a word Miss L/N?"

"Only if I could grab a lift looks like it's about to bucket it down." The female retorted smiling at the man hesitantly poking his head out the car window. Nodding awkwardly the DI lent over to open the door. Placing her small collection of bags in the back seat Y/N settled into the leather seat embracing the dull warmth. "I do hope I'm not in trouble, Detective Inspector" Y/N laughed half heartedly hoping the tall man would say something and break the awkward silence. "Ergh no.. I just wanted to talk about.." Joe trailed off. "The Krays?" Y/N interrupted glancing at the discoloured horizon, part of the girl wanted to trust him. To tell him every sordid little detail but she couldn't. "If you wouldn't mind." the man coughed. "I'll tell you what I told your Sergeant. I'm not Frances Shea and I refuse to let him mold me into her." Sighing Y/N bit her lip. "She deserved better. And so do I... Don't I?" She'd cracked. Sure it may only be a hairline fracture but still a crack is a crack.

Tapping the steering wheel Joe frowned at the woman's tone. It wasn't quite terrified but she was scared. Slowing down the DI turned into her road before the y/h/c woman stopped him. "He'll want to know what we spoke about if he sees you." Unfastening her seatbelt Y/N braced herself for the damp road ahead. "Thank you for the lift." Y/N mumbled her nerves rising as she prepared herself to reenter the lion's den. "You'll catch them won't you. I can trust you enough for that." 

A/N all episodes of Whitechapel are currently on netflix uk and i may or may not have binged it all in like 2 days