Charlie Nelson #1

A/N I know it's been foooorrrrreeevvveeeerrr but here we go!!

Imagine...

Sighing Y/N watched the droplets on condensation ran down her glass, the bubbles in the liquid gold slowly dying. Cheesy Christmas music making the young woman groan inwardly. Taking a sip she grimaced at all the coupley posts filling up her timeline. A cough interrupted the y/h/c session of love hate envy. Rolling her y/e/c orbs she turned to the stranger eyebrow raised in silent questioning. "Do you mind if I sit here?, I just don't want to take up a table." the handsome man asked politely hand hovering over one of the old bar stools. Nodding the girl turned back to her pint of Heineken, fairy tale of New York filling the silence. "You're not from around here are you?" the girl interrogated not even looking up to the man. Smiling weakly the tall male shook his head "that obvious?". Grinning in response Y/N laughed "No I've just never seen you before. And well Midsomer is one of those places where everyone knows everyone."

Paying Ross the man smiled again "I'm Charlie by the way." he added apprehensively "Charlie..". Holding her hand up in silence Y/N shook her head dramatically "No last names, you should keep the anonymity before everyone knows everything including what you had for breakfast!" Y/N had been told many times by her parents she was bossy she didn't mean too but she had a big personality in a small village.

Chuckling Charlie smiled at the young woman who sat arms waving wildly around her as she told him about some of the most recent village drama. "Are you staying for this ghost thing?" He questioned softly hoping to continue spending time with Y/N. Pulling a face the y/h/c rolled her eyes at Charlie "God No do I look like I believe in ghosts?" she asked in an appalled tone. "Nah anyway who says I haven't got anything better to do?" Charlie shrugged taking a sip of his pint before giving a painful attempt at puppy dog eyes "Well don't you want to keep me company?" Grabbing her bag and coat Y/N sighed "Honestly their nice people it's not like anyone is gonna die are they?" Charlie grimaced thoughts hurtling through his mind back to the crime scene he had attended only this morning. Leaning into kiss the man's cheek Y/N quickly giving him a squeeze walking off not noticing the red tinge that graced the man's usually pale cheek.

The next moving sat on the sofa sipping her tea Y/N watched her heavily pregnant mother fiddle with the Christmas decorations for the millionth time. "Mum honestly sit down right this instant!" Sighing the brunette woman turned to her soon to be oldest child "I can't help it." she stated simply. Luckily the front door caught both the female's attention. Groaning Y/N set her peppermint tea aside before going to greet her father at the door. The sound of talking caught the girls attention it was rare for her father to return from work on time let alone so early. "I'm Sarah and this is our daughter Y/N" confusion written over her face Y/N was shocked. There next to her excited Mother stood none other the Charlie. "Hello" Charlie smiled gently raising his hand in slight greeting completely ignoring his boss and wife. All Charlie could focus on was the fiery spirited girl he'd met the night before. Frowning John took in the silly smile plastered over the mans face but maybe it was mother's intuition but before the Chief Inspector could ask how the pair knew each other Sarah glared at him to keep silent. Well Midsomer always seem to have a mystery and maybe this was one that was just beginning.