Chapter 6 - Group Project

Angelina's POV

It was game day today, and another day of school. And let me tell you, that Eden Hall is the biggest shit hole in the world. The Varsity jerks don't leave any of us alone at all, especially Kenny. And do you know what makes that even worse? Banks doesn't open his mouth to stand up for any of us. I mean can you imagine? We were his so called 'friends' until he moved to Varsity, I guess now we aren't.

I'm obviously still mad at Charlie and I don't plan on talking to him until he apologises.

I got up and got ready for school. Connie's mum offered to drive the team and I to school today which was a relief. I finally didn't have to walk or skate for once. I packed my bag and made sure I have all the homework I had to due in there. The school has given us so much homework to the point where it should be considered punishment.

I got changed into this:

I took the notes I made on our opposition for today's game

I took the notes I made on our opposition for today's game. I grabbed my keys and not long later I was out the door. I locked my apartment and I went down the stair. I saw Connie's mum pulling up the moment I stepped out of the building.

"Bitch. Don't you look stylish." Connie said, making me look at the front seat window where she was.
"Thank you darling, you look great too!" And I opened the door and saw everyone who wasn't staying at the dorms in the van except Banks. He probably had practice at 5 am this morning.

"Hi Ange!" They all loudly greeted, making me cover my ear. Charlie just looked away from me.
"Jesus Christ! Its 7 in the fucking morning! Why are you all so loud?" I groaned and got in. "Thank you for offering to drive us to school Mrs Moreau."
"Not a problem sweetie." She replied before starting the engine again.

I was sitting next to a window. Today was our first game of the season. We'll be fine, no need to stress, I hope...

~

We arrived at school and got out the van. "Thank you again Mrs Moreau." I said.
"Like I said. Not a problem Ange. Have a good day, all of you."

We stepped out and Connie automatically walked up to me.
"Are you okay Ange?"
"I'm fine."
"You don't look it though." Julie appeared on the other side of me.
"I actually have to tell you guys something. The other day after Charlie said what he said, I bumped into Banks... again." And I proceeded to tell them about what happened with Banks. All they did was squeal, over and over again. They kept on saying that they ship it.

I continued. "Then I went Hans. I needed advice. He told me to not let Charlie's words get to me and that I do deserve to be on the team."
"You go girl!" They both yelled.
"You deserve the Captain spot more than anyone! Charlie shouldn't have said what he said." Connie contended, with a huge smile.
"You go and show everyone what you're all about!" Julie encouraged.
I sighed and smiled. I don't know what I would do without my friends.

~

I was currently in history class, not paying attention of course. I unfortunately had to snap out of my day dream when the teacher asked for everyone attention.
"Now. To make sure that you actually listened I'm going to be setting group projects. I will put you into pairs and you will make a presentation on the early stages of the Cold War." Everyone started complaining. "Be quiet!" The whole room shut up. "You are lucky I haven't made you write an essay individually instead. Now. Your partners."

All I could think about was praying that he doesn't put me with Charlie. Please don't put me with Charlie. Please, please, please don't. He proceeded to call out pairs, then he reached me.
"Angelina and Adam." I threw my hands up in the air in defeat
"Fuck my life." I said loudly, banging my head on my desk.

"Ouch. You got put with the rival." Averman joked, making me turning around to face him. I took my notebook and slapped him on the head.
"Shut up Averman."
"Okay, okay sorry."

The bell rang after that and I quickly packed my stuff up and walked out.

Adam's POV

I got up and started following her. I called her name to get her attention.
"Sparks." She turned around straight away. She didn't look that pleased.
"Yours or mine for the project?" I asked.
"Who said I was gonna turn up." She asked, with her normal sassy tone.
"I being serious Sparks."
"And so am I."
"Sparks it's a group project. We have to do it together." I did a gesture pointing at the both of us. Which made her punch my shoulder. Ow.
"Do you think I don't know that genius. I'm not stupid! I've been dreading it the moment he called out our names."

"Like I said. Yours or mine?" I repeated, while a smirk grew on my face. I love pissing her off.
She rolled her eyes and then took a deep breathe.
"Yours. I'll come next Monday after school. I cant today because of the game, and I'm busy the whole weekend. I'll meet you at your house at around 5 on Monday. Is that good?" She asked.
"Yep. That's fine with me."
"Good. I have maths now. See you, dickhead." She started walking away.
"See you, wicked witch of the west. Oh, and if I don't see you before the game. Good luck."
"Thanks." She gave me a fake smile then she punched me in the rib. "Prick." she walked away from me.

I couldn't help but shake my head and smiling. I turned around and started walking to English, and I ended up joining Connie and Charlie while they were walking.

"Hey guys." I said.
"Oh hey Banks." Connie said before turning to Charlie again.

Connie's POV

"You better apologise to Ange!" I told Charlie.
"How about no." He replied, not making any eye contact with me. I slapped him.
"Oh for fuck sake she's your best friend! Why on earth would you ever say that to her?! She was so hurt! You better fucking apologise before the game or I will kill you." And I walked away with Banks as we had English together.

We were walking in a awkward silence.
"I heard you got quite cosy with Ange the other day, is that right Banksie?" I said with a cheeky smirk on my face.
"I don't want to talk about it." He said trying to hide his blush. That's when we reached the classroom.

He went and sat down in his seat. I sighed. Could they actually like each other? Even if they did, they won't admit it. They're both too stubborn.

I sat down and the lesson started, I couldn't really concentrate. Throughout that whole lesson the only thing I could think about is Ange. She can get extremely nervous before games. I hope she's okay.

----------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 6. Hope you enjoyed!
-author