Chapter 7 - Forgiven

Angelina's POV

We were in the locker room. We were all in our gear and the game was going to start soon. I was currently playing with my hockey stick, I was so nervous.

Charlie's POV

Everyone slowly started leaving the locker room. As each person was about to walk out the door they signalled to me then Ange. Connie and Julie were the last ones out and they just glared at me. I sighed and turned around. Ange hasn't moved from the position she was in since she sat down in her space, and her eyes were on her hockey stick.

I walked over to her and crouched down in front of her. She still didn't look at me. Her eyes didn't move from her stick. I took it out her hand which made her look at me.
"What's wrong." I asked, calmly.
She gave out a heavy sigh. "You know how nervous I get before games Charlie." 
"Ange you need to relax. Everything will be fine"
"So it's back to Ange now, not 'suck up to Coach Orion'?" She commented and I took a deep breathe.

"Look I'm sorry. I really am. You're not a suck up. I was just to angry and I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was horrible of me. It's just, I'm not really Coach Orion's number 1 fan. He took away my Captain spot."
"And he isn't Bombay." She added.
"Yeah." I said with a slight smile.

"I forgive you. And I know how you feel. I'm still not over Bombay not being our Coach, and I miss him too. And I know it will take a while for everyone to get used to him not being our Coach. But Charlie, you have to at least try to get used to Orion being our Coach now. I know it's more hard for you than anyone else. He took away your Captain spot and we aren't really allowed to be The Ducks anymore. But please promise me you'll try to get used to it like the rest of us are trying to do. Please." She pleaded.
I took another deep breathe. "Fine. I'll try."
"Good."

"I have 1 more thing to say."
"Do tell." She said.
"I don't think you're a bad Captain. You are an amazing one and your leadership and your hard work is something everyone on the team-. No, everyone in the world can learn from. And you are doing a great job and the team appreciates and loves you. Never forget that. Okay?" I said and she nodded with a smile.
"Now." I stood up and put out my hand for her to take. "Let's kick some ass?"

She smile and took my hand. "Let's kick some ass." We both started walking towards the rink to meet everyone else.

Angelina's POV

The door opened and we entered. The band started playing and the crowds cheered.

( the italics are the announcer )

"It appears the entire school has turned out to see the once Mighty Ducks, I mean, rather the Eden Hall Warriors battle with the Blake Freshman Bears."

We made our way to the box and gathered around it, waiting for Orion to join us. I took a quick glance around the arena and spotted a couple of faces. I saw Charlie's mum. Then I saw the "all you Warrior Jocks stick together" girl coming in and taking a seat. The I locked eyes with the same guy I've been locking eyes with since the beginning of the year. Banks.

He was sitting with the rest of Varsity. I rolled my eyes when I saw Riley and Cole. The thought of the whole school watching our first game made my heart get stuck in my throat. Charlie immediately realized of course.
"Ange look at me." And so I did. "Deep breathes. Everything will be fine. I promise." I nodded.

Coach joined soon after.
"Gather around. Lets go. Hustle up. Come on. Think defence. Alright hands in. Here we go." We started quacking, like we normally would.
"Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. What the hell is that? Knock it off. Alright. 'Go Team' on 2. Here we go, 1,2."
"Go team." We said, with not hint of enthusiasm.

"Go team. How original." Charlie said, rolling his eyes.
"Just get in the game Charlie." I said, skating to my position. I was put as right, and Averman was left. Charlie was centre, defenceman were Fulton and Russ. Julie was goalie.
"Let's do it Charlie!" Fulton cheered.
"Let's do it Bash Bro!" I cheered at Fulton.
"Yeah!" He yelled.

"Point of fact, Charlie Conway is not wearing the traditional Captain 'C' along with Angelina Sparks. He's been this teams Captain since they played in District 5 and was joined by Angelina when they played for Team USA in the Junior Goodwill Games. It turns out Sparks is the only one wearing a 'C' now. I guess Coach Orion's making a statement."

Charlie skated over to his place. The puck slapped the ice and he immediately passed it to me. I passed it to Averman and he gave it back to me. A guy from the other team was about to check me but Fulton came to the rescue. I smiled at him and skated down the ice. I heard the crowds cheering as I made my way to the goal. I pass it to Charlie, he fakes. He passes it to me, I shoot and I score.

I lift my arms in the air in victory and we did a group hug.
"You've got some OG fans here today Ange." Russ said, pointing at the chunk of the audience where some of my fans were cheering. They had signs and t-shirts with my face on them and it said 'Hothead'. I smiled to myself. Now that is commitment.

We started skating around the rink and high-fived everyone else that was in the box, which pissed Coach off.

~

Russ scored with a knucklepuck and Luis currently had the puck. He was sprinting down the ice. We were all cheering but then I realized something.
"Shit! He cant stop! Guys he has no brakes." I yelled.
"Shit!" Everyone in the box yelled.
He did end up scoring, but collided with the board after.

~

Dwayne had the puck and was doing his iconic puck handling. You know what I'm talking about.

As he was making his way to the goal I looked over and saw Banks with Varsity . He had a big smile on his face when he was watching Dwayne and the rest of the team. Earlier on in the game I saw that he tried to stand up and clap when I scored but got pulled down by Riley.

~

I was on the ice again.
"Conway passes to Averman who hits the zone and-- Oh! That's a hook if I've ever seen one." I skated over to the guy that hooked Averman and shoved him, making him fall down. "Sparks shoves Number 3, gets the puck and makes her way down the ice. She fakes. She passes it to Fulton."
"Look out!" I yelled.
He shoots and scores.

~

I was in the box.
"Yo, Russ. You got to teach me to talk some trash." Kenny said.
"It can't be taught, Kenny, man. I mean, it's got to be the first thing that comes to your mind. You just gotta go for it. Try it." Russ explained.
"Okay. Hey ref you--" I covered Kenny's mouth.
"Shhhh. Pick another target Kenny." I said before removing my hand.

"Hey, number 44. You, you, you, you play, you play--, you don't play real good." Kenny attempted.
"Yeah right." Number 44 said making me get involved.
"You don't play good idiot. Sit back down. My blind grandma can play better than you." I said, making him jump out the box and head towards me. He got pulled back by the ref and got put in the penalty box. I laughed.
"I don't even have a blind grandma." All  of my teammates in the box started crying with laughter.

"You see. Just like Ange did. Shorter man. Get to the point." Russ said.
Kenny got up "Hey, number 9. Bite me." And he got shoved.
"Shove him again I'll kill you." I yelled and he skated away quickly.
Russ started laughing. "Now we are getting somewhere."
We both laughed.

~

Averman and Fulton fooled the goalie and scored again.

Charlie had the puck and passed to me. I passed back. He does a great shot and scores. I started cheering and rushed and gave him a hug.
"Unbelievable! Conway and Sparks gets the hat trick from somewhere out in the ozone! At the end of the the 2nd period, its Eden Hall - 9, Blake - 0. It's over folks."

----------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 7! Hope you enjoyed!
-author