Chapter Four: Google Searches

Nicole decided to skip her next class. Annoyed about being accused for some stupid flowers and having them be the reason Oliver was so pissed at her. What were they anyways? Her footsteps echoed up and down the stairwell, joining the buzz of outdated fluorescent tube lighting. At least she got rid of Oliver's pills, but now there was the question of where Don had went. Did this other Nicole have it? Or was it lost in postal service hell?

She shouldered open her steel front door and threw her purse at the couch where it missed and spilled its contents over the floor.

"Fuck you too."

The portfolio was given only slightly nicer treatment, having been dropped on the floor to lean against an empty bit of off white wall. She ripped her ponytail out of her hair then plopped face first onto her unmade bed and screamed into the blue sheets.

"What god did I piss off?"

Aaaaaaaaaaa

Nicole had saved up for so long to buy Don, she had avoided going to her favorite shop, avoided buying commissions. And now Don was missing. She hugged a pillow tight, worn out and frustrated. She wasn't going to give up, she just needed some time to wallow in self pity.

Two hours later, Nicole was sinking into her swivel chair in front of her computer, the mess her purse's contents still ignored. First she would check her emails to make sure Don was sent to the right place. At the bottom of a list of seven unread emails was the delivery notice, still unread in her excitement from the days before. Clicking it pulled up her details of the purchase, as well as a picture. She sighed at what should have been hers then looked at the name and mailing address. It was all correct, so it must have been a fuck up on the mail carriors end. Hands ran down her face in annoyance. Should she email them about her dilemma? Maybe they would send another, but how would she prove she didn't have Don when she had nothing to show them?

It was worth a shot though. She typed in the website's name and scrolled past their featured products 'Don' 'Shepard' 'Boreal' 'Draggo' 'Justin'... all beautiful with different colors and featured smells and sizes. Until she finally reached the bottom of the page and clicked on customer support which led her to a less sexy page. Nicole quickly typed up a message explaining her plight and hit send. It was unlikely they would respond quickly so she spent her time clicking through the different models, seeing if anything had smells like a purple flower. Were those orchids? It was hard to tell with a growly classmate in her face. Her nose rumpled at Shepard's advertised smells. Human musk (aka ball sweat) blood and mildew. Gross. She clicked Boreal who had seawater, pine trees, and lavender. Much better, maybe if she had more cash she'd get him next.

Hovering over the lavender bottle showed that it had a light purple label over it, were those the flowers? Was a Boreal in Oliver's angry hands? Nicole opened a new tab and googled 'lavender flowers', clicking over to images showed pictures of the purple flowers. They were in bunches like the picture Oliver had shoved in her face but lavender flowers looked a lot smaller than Oliver's. Nicole switched back over to the website, searching anything that sounded like a flower she didn't know. Orchids didn't have spiky leaves, marigolds were too big and poofy and also weren't purple, daylilies were the wrong shape being trumpets instead of weird vaginas, and it sure as hell wasn't a rose...

It seemed that she had looked up every flower ever invented and still none looked like what she had been shown. Things just couldn't be simple huh? Sighing and cursing under her breath, Nicole closed all the flower tabs and looked at her email messages. There were three whole new letters, all pointless. She put them in the trash where they belonged.

Nicole slid down her chair, moaning. So it wasn't her ordering the wrong thing, it was not receiving it and getting that other Nicole's flower package instead which Oliver had now and was pissed about. Maybe the other Nicole had Don. Nicole scowled, if they were befowling Don before she could then hell was going to pay. What sort of weirdo would do that anyways? She had been proven wrong about the reasoning of Oliver. She had to find Don, used or not, he was her responsibility.

Social media was her next attack. Nicole spent hours scouring for Nicole Thomases amongst her friend circles and group pages, going through long scrolling lists of names and pictures. But which one would be the actual one? She couldn't just start messaging every single one in hopes that one might have Don, that would take forever and a year also it would be embarrassing to have to explain each and every time. It was hopeless.

Pling.

Nicole looked at the red dot above a little icon of a person. A new friend request. She clicked the icon.

Oliver Argos added you as a friend.

"Oh go fuck yourself stupid bitch ass crawling back." Nicole grumbled, closing the webpage. She was going to have no more of this nonsense today.