Step Into My World

Luke's POV: 

i knock on Julie's door, I'm really nervous caused she sounded upset on the phone. i don't know what's going on, she said she couldn't tell me on the phone. 

"Oh Luke, how nice to see you" Mrs. Molina says smiling. 

"I told Julie that i would come over today" 

"she's in the garage sweetheart" I nod politely and run off towards the garage. I knock on the door frame and i see her look up from her book. She wipes away a quick tear and her eyes light up seeing me. 

"Luke" she gives a slight grin. I run over and tackle her with a hug. She hugs be back and i hold her for just a little too long. 

"Jules, what's wrong?" i say letting her go. she sniffles and turns to me. Our knees touching, i grab her hand to comfort her. 

"Umm, it's my mom"

"what about her? i just saw her"

"She's sick Luke" 

"i mean i was sick last week, remember with a cold. Maybe she just caught that since i stayed here" i say clearly not understanding. 

"No Luke, shes really sick and they can't do anything for her" 

"what? no no, that's-that's impossible. They're doctors, i mean that's their job" 

"Sometimes they can't do it, Luke. they can't cure everything"

"does that mean?' i ask my voice trembling. Julie's mom is like my own, she takes care of me when i fight with my mom and she understand me. Julie looks up, tears filling her eyes. She just nods and collapses into my arms. I start to cry too, hugging her and wishing there wa something i could do. Rose comes in, knocking. We both pull away and i stare at her. 

"Mrs. Molina, I don't want you to die" I say, wiping the tears off my face. 

"Luke, Julie come here" she says. We both stand up and run over to her.

"i will always be here for you two, but if- when i do die. Promise me, you'll be there for each other" we both nod and hug her. Ray comes out and joins the hug. Thus can't be happening, their like my second family. 

That was 5 months ago, now i sit here in this cold waiting room. Julies cuddled in my arms, eventually she fell asleep. The first person she called was me to come up here with her. I Just let her cry and cry until she couldn't anymore. I see Mr. Molina turn the corner and his face is red and puffy, not a good sign. He sees me and Julie, he comes over. 

"so?" i ask. 

"They think this is her last night" his voice breaks. I wake up Julie.

"I don't wanna wake up" she mumbles. 

"cmon Jules" i say, nudging her awake. 

"what happened?" she ask sitting up. 

"We umm we have to go say goodbye" 

"No" she whispers, looking down and crying. 

"Jules, i'm so sorry" i say taking her hand

"luke, i don't wanna say goodbye to her" 

"Julie"

"if-if i don't say goodbye-"

"then you may never get to speak to her again" I say. The hard truth hits us both and we stand up, still hand in hand. We walk to her mom's room. Julie goes in but i let go of her hand. I watch Rose for a moment, you wouldn't believe this was the same person from 5 months ago. Even after everything though. She still smiles when she sees me and Julie.