His Lies

Low key writing this while really lit

I apologize for taking basically a year to write a chapter. 

S/O to those of you that stuck around, left comments and even to those of you that threatened me :)

   I woke up screaming. 

   I shot upright in bed, screaming such a terrible, window-shattering scream that even a nearby banshee would cower down in fear. Holding onto the blankets, I cried and I cried so hard and so loud I felt as though I couldn't breathe. My lungs were begging for air, burning for it, but every time I managed to breathe in a sliver of air it escaped through another cry. 

   "Miss?!" a maid questioned alarmed, hurrying into my bedroom. She inspected me in a state of panic and scanned the room for the source of my distress that had called her to my room. Once she determined the room as safe, she rushed over to my bedside in search of an answer from me. 

   Oh, it had been terrible! A dream so terrible I couldn't even begin to describe it, but the harder I tried to recall it, the harder it became to remember it at all. With the dream escaping my memories, it was just the feeling it had left behind that lingered, that haunted me. "I... it was-" I paused, now noticing the uniform she wore. I looked at her, confused. She was not my maid, but rather... one that belonged to the Dark Lord. 

   "Yes?" she questioned, placing a comforting hand on my back as I wiped the tears away from my eyes to better inspect my surroundings. This was not my bed, these were not my chambers, and this was definitely not my home. My state of panic only increased, for I was back in the Dark Lord's mansion with no recollection of how I had gotten here.

   "H-how did I get here?" I asked the maid, whose concerned expression only deepened.

   "You hit your head, Miss," she explained carefully. She must have noticed my growing confusion because she added, "when you came here last night."

   "I came here last night?" No, that didn't make sense. I had gone to sleep in my own bed back home but had woken up here. How? I tried to recall what had occurred, but I was left with a blankness and an empty void of lost time. "Why?" I questioned the maid. I tried to think back further but there were fogs, little pieces missing, conversations gone. I tried to think back further, but it was the same, as my life for a period of time had been shrouded by fog. Had I really hit my head so hard?

   "Oh Merlin," the maid said. "Perhaps we should ring for the physician."

   "There will be no need for that," the Dark Lord said, making his presence by the door known. I turned to him, hoping that he might provide a sense of comfort especially after our kiss, but instead, I was met with an angered expression. He was shooting daggers at me for reasons unknown "Leave us," he told the maid who complied without hesitation, swiftly standing and leaving the room with a quick bow of respect.