12|UNPLEASENTVILLE

Gemma lounges on one of the chairs in the library, her sunglasses resting on the bridge of her nose as she watches the man fling books in every which direction. "Do you want some help?" She offers, looking down at her nails boredly when he glances at her. "Because I could call someone."

"You're a dick," Damon says simply.

"I learned from the best," she flashes him her teeth.

"So," he drags out the word, sending his sister an innocent smile.

Gemma straightens up, pushing her sunglasses into her unruly hair. Her eyes narrow into slits and she leans forward, "what did you do?"

"I set you up—"

"No!" She exclaims.

"—on a date—"

"You bastard!"

"It's at The Grill!" He dodges a book that Gemma tries to throw at him, his hands up in surrender as he tries to calm the female Salvatore. "Listen, listen—" he sends her a scolding look.

Gemma tenses, book still in hands and stares at her brother with a dark expression, deciding to give him a chance to explain before she lunges.

"She's a really nice girl, I think you'll like her," a secret expression crosses Damon's face. "I think she'd be really good for you, Gem."

Gemma clenches her jaw and slumps back in her chair, folding her arms across her abdomen. "I'll go," she sulks. "But never again."

Damon smirks, "if you like her, I won't have to set you up again."

"Where'd you even meet her?"

Damon smiles nervously, "about that—"

Stefan's loud, disruptive footsteps enter the library and the two eldest siblings look up at the sound, Damon continuing to shuffle around while Gemma sinks further into her chair.

"What are you looking for, Damon?"

"Not your concern," the man mutters.

"No, but you two putting Elena in harms way, is my concern."

Gemma raises her eyebrows, "us? Dude, if you told her the truth instead of acting like somebody off of dateline, she never would've been on the road that night."

Stefan glowers, "Atlanta never should've happened, Gemma. You should've brought her home, or back to me."

Gemma laughs dryly, sitting up and trying her elbows on her legs. "Back to you? Last I checked, she didn't want anything to do with you, little brother. That's why she came with me."

"I get it," Stefan starts, a smug smile gracing his lips. "You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person we love, and your little fling Katherine is just out of reach."

Gemma blinks, "you're acting like I was in love with the girl. We slept together, Stefan. Not everybody needs undying love to have sex, virgin Mary."

Stefan aims his gaze toward Damon, "is there a way to get into that tomb? Is that what Bree said?"

"You're pathetic when you're fishing," Damon fires back.

"And you're transparent when you're deflecting."

"Don't you have school?"

Gemma hums, "tell Elena I said hello."

She wiggles her fingers at a brooding Stefan while he turns to leave, a sick satisfaction rising in her chest at the sight of her brothers bitterness.