13|CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED

(tw / physical abuse, slight homophobia)

Gemma lies on the dirt path, her fingers digging into the ground beneath her as her heart thrums quickly in her chest. She feels Katherine's fingertips trail up her arm and her eyes snap open, a grin causing her lips to twitch. "What are you doing?" She murmurs, looking up at the doe eyed girl.

"Seeing if you'd react," Katherine peers down at her with a small twinge of disapproval. "You're supposed to act dead, Miss Salvatore. Not like a school girl with a crush."

Gemma laughs, "what if I am a school girl with a crush?"

"You're not in school," Katherine tells her, looking ahead at the carriage. "But you're not the only one with a crush, either." She smiles wickedly down at the human before pressing a finger to her lips, "quiet now."

The vampire stands quickly, her face morphing into distress as she rushes toward the carriage. "Please!" She cries, "please, help us! My friend, she's been hurt!"

The driver of the carriage jumps down from his seat and goes to check on Gemma, leaving Katherine with the passenger.

"What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" The man questions, worried. "It's not safe."

"No," Katherine breathes. "No, sir. It's not safe."

Gemma holds back a wince whenever she hears the driver scream, her eyes fluttering open whenever she feels the drivers hands leave her as he stands to attention. She watches in fascination as Katherine appears behind the driver, the vampire smirking whenever he whips around to come face to face with her. She latches onto him quickly, throwing his body to the ground whenever she's finally drained him of blood. "And that's how it's done," she says.

Gemma pushes herself up from the ground, brushing the dirt off of her dress. Her eyes take in the scene around her in mild interest, smiling whenever she meets Katherine's eyes. "What happens now?"

"Well, I'll take them to the woods and the other animals will finish them off." She squints at the Salvatore, "are you sure you're ready for this?"

Gemma nods, "I'm sure. I—I need to get away from here. If that's means being a vampire, then so be it."

Katherine hums softly, shuffling closer to the younger girl. "Gemma," she murmurs. "Kiss me."

Gemma looks at her, taken aback. "What?"

"Kiss me."

"I've—" Gemma swallows thickly, "You've always kissed me. I've never—"

"You've never initiated it, I know," the Pierce says gently. "It's time, Gemma. We're alone, your father isn't around. Kiss me."

Despite the challenging gaze in Katherine's eyes, and the bloody sheen on her mouth; Gemma surges forward with wide eyes. She grasp Katherine's face with a tight grip as they press together, the human gasping whenever Katherine's fangs bite at her lips.

"Come on, Miss Salvatore," Katherine mumbles against Gemma's lips. "Let's get back. It's late."

Gemma grins widely, "after you, Miss Pierce."

Gemma pushes her unruly hair back, tucking a loose strand behind her ear as Damon forces her down the hallway. "I don't understand," she yawns while rubbing at her eyes. "What's so urgent that I had to be awake right now?"

"Gemma, it's like ten o'clock in the morning."

The girl shrugs, stumbling in her path whenever Damon gives her another forceful shove. "Cool it, demon. I'm sensitive in the mornings."