Stirring of the Animals

Siloam's POV-
    This one seems to be quite committed to that girl of his. An interesting thing indeed. "Hello Dawn, I am Siloam of Perception. It is swell to see that I have met you at last." I said, introducing myself to him. I am already quite aware of who you are, and your power. I am interested in your power in particular, as Animals is a pretty broad subject, don't you think? You are quite the interesting person to have received as a subject for a trial. Your parents were robbed from, yes? "They were, but I'm not sure why that's so important to mention now." He responded, clearly unaware. Of course it's important, why wouldn't it be? "The entirety of the trials is based upon the experiences of its receiver, as well as their motivations and fears. This aspect reflects in different ways depending on the person, but they all have common threads that each of you can learn from, Generation 2." I explained, facing them all. Man, they are quite the interesting group indeed. No wonder Jess and Jason were so excited to train these children, their backgrounds and motivations are so varied that I can hardly contain myself! However, I must focus on the current trial at hand. I must generate one perfectly suited for Dawn. What could I possibly conjure up that could match him well enough for this? Only time will truly tell me the answer!

Dawn's POV-
    Looking back on what happened to everyone else, I feel a bit calmer about this. I thankfully was able to wait until most people had already completed their trials, so I have a slight upper hand in comparison to everyone else. That does make me wonder, what will happen with Katrina's trial? Her power is Mimicry, so the possibilities in those regards are vast, so what will her Forbidden Holder choose to do? I just hope, whatever happens, that she will be safe. I don't want to lose her after all of this. She has been the building block that has kept this group together, and it would be tragic to lose that hold over us all. Nevermind that, I need to concentrate on whatever is being planned for me right now. I'm the one who is currently at stake, not her. When her trial comes, I will be there to cheer her on from the sidelines, as will the rest of us. I looked back at her, then she smiled back at me. "You've got this Dawn. Don't end up dying in there. I don't know what I would do." She admitted. "You don't have to worry about a thing, I'll get out of there and be with you when the smoke clears." I told her to reassure her. It seemed to work, because she seemed calmer than before. Now, I need to focus on myself and the trial. With that in mind, I stepped into the endless void.

Third Person POV-
    He had entered the endless void, and what awaited him was a battle? More specifically, he was battling someone, but he couldn't make out their face. There was a major problem. No matter how hard he tried, his power wasn't working. He couldn't summon a single thing to help him. He was being slapped around constantly, with barely a chance to get back on his feet again. He wasn't sure what to do, since he had been faced with a situation he had never anticipated before, since he never had to. How was he ever supposed to fight without a weapon? If he couldn't summon the animals anymore, what could he fight with? The summoning was his weapon, and without it he had nothing. There had to be a way around it somehow, a power that was his own within him. But, if it was ever even there, he wasn't sure of what it was. Thinking it over, the answer seemed obvious. Power comes from the inside, from inspirations and motivations, not just for the sake of fighting itself. There were other options available for fighting besides just summoning something to help. He could fight with his words as well.

Dawn's POV-
    The idea had come to me, and I decided to milk it for all it was worth. I began to down talk the person in front of me, despite having no information about them at all. There were ways I could hurt them inside that were far worse than how I could fight physically. However, I needed to use these methods with caution, as there was the possibility of getting too carried away and losing my mind over it. I had to picture the situation in my head. I can't just hurt someone with words for the sake of hurting them, but I could do so in order to survive. I need to protect all of my friends around me, as well as myself. All of a sudden, my summoning plate had begun to work again! I had realized the true issue. I didn't need another option to fight with, I needed to consider how I was fighting in the first place, and the motivations in doing so. I finally understand, after all this time. There were options that I could use, if I only searched for them myself, but if I never searched, there would be no answers. I vanquished the villain in front of me, now completely out of breath. I had won the trial. These trials are really odd, but they are also helpful in ways that I never would have even expected. They are teaching us what we use to fight back, as well as how to fight back in ways that are meaningful to us. The Forbidden Holders aren't just sitting back to watch us die, they are assuring that we have the skills necessary to complete this fight without too much bloodshed. With the skills that we have acquired here, we can survive the battlefield.

M̵̦͚͊͆͐͐̉͐ẹ̸̀̕͝s̴̹̱͕̉̄͋s̸̢̩̣͗̀å̷̛͍g̵͔̳͉̰̫̼̍̆̓̕e̸̯̬͎̾͐͋͗̅̂ͅs̴̛̞͉̖̞̑̂