Loves Betrayal of the Dark (Part 4)

Third Person POV-
"The blackened void cut me deeper than anything else ever could." He said. They turned, at first not even being able to recognize what they saw before them. "Aww, you didn't miss me? What a shame. I've been watching the entire time! I swear, you're barely taking this seriously. Let me tell you, I'm no joke." He continued, not a drip of playfulness in his voice. "Co..ry...?" Shelby began, seeming to be the first to put the pieces together. "Shelby, dear! Look at me? Isn't this so much better?~" He slyly asked. The others seemed to pull out their weapons, but Shelby held her hand out in front of all of them. "I'm fighting him myself. Alone." She told them. "How brave and noble, saving your friends!" He responded without a seconds hesitation. A tear dripped down her face, falling onto her dagger. She knew exactly what she would have to do, she's known it all this time. She would have to risk her life to even have a chance at saving him. Normally, there would be no hesitation, but this time, her love for him was holding her back. Yet, it was also the force pushing her forward. She couldn't let anyone else help her fight him, or this would never work. She stepped forward, brandishing her dagger like a lifeline. That would be so funny if it weren't the truth. ...She's going to be forced to kill her boyfriend, and in the process, most likely kill herself. They may both die, with no coming back. She would risk almost anything to save him, no doubt, but this is the hardest choice for her to make. Make him suffer by killing him, just for a fraction of a chance to save his life. By risking her own.

Shelby's POV-
You see, for a Life Elemental, attempting to kill or successfully killing someone means your heart can shatter, resulting in immediate death. It's not guaranteed, but it is certainly possible. "So, ready to fight?~" He asked, tempting her. God, I didn't want to do this, but, what choices are even left? The battle for life truly begins here. I may get lucky and only crack my heart, after all, accepting what you've done can save you. But, how will I ever even accept this? His hair had gone from dirty blond to black with a purple streak. His scythe had a similar coloration. He zoomed through the air like a bullet, immediately aiming for me. If he even hits me once, I'm so dead. Dagger and scythe clashed throughout the air, fighting for a hit. All my friends could do was watch me with anticipation and hope. They may get what they want, but at a cost. Slashes continued, but, out of nowhere, one hit. I had done it, my heart sunk into my chest, but I had done it. A dagger stab, right through his stomach. The tear I had before only seemed to relinquish itself to a dozen more. What had I planned? What had I done? Everyone below me could only blindly stare in shock, no words could fall from any lips inside this empty room, this empty tomb before me. He closed his eyes, then, just smiled up at me. No hate, no pain, just a genuine smile. Then, he fell, to the ground. He was normal again, but not okay. I fell beside him, crying, hugging him in agony. My heart cracked, then it cracked once more. I held his hand, trying to heal him, but it was no use. Neither of us could make it out of this.

My body was alone, out of consciousness, out of mind, in this black open space. All left tied around me were red strings, above me a manipulator. I had lost myself.

I̷͈͂ͅf̴̢̳̭̖͎̺̙̈́͋͘̕