1.4 || New House, New School

~

I was awoken by a gasp followed by a frantic and confused voice. Immediately, I recognized the voice belonged to no other than the woman who raised me. Whimpering tiredly, I knew it was time to wake up.

I opened my eyes and attempted to tune out her voice the best I could. I guess I slept through the evening and night, as the morning sun shone through the opened curtains. My body laid on a dark brown sofa, one that previously lived at my old house with me and my mother.

Mom landed a deal from her new employer that provided over-the-top moving benefits. Meaning, all our furniture, TVs, and larger personal items were already in this new house. It must've cost a fortune for them to provide and the whole situation seemed a bit too convenient to me but I never questioned it.

As I tried to push my body up with my muscular arms, a pink fluffy blanket fell off of my body and landed on the floor. The cold air hits my body like a gentle breeze as I get into a sitting position. Shivering a bit, I grab the blanket off the floor before slowly folding it.

Something began to nag at the back of my head like I've forgotten something important. I look around to see nothing out of the ordinary other than being in a new living room. The couch pushed up against a half-wall that seemed to divide the living area and the kitchen, directly in front of the couch were two large windows that looked to the small front yard and out to the neighbor's house. In front of the windows, our flat-screen TV sat on a low bookshelf. To the right of me, there was an empty wall. On the other hand, to the left was the staircase that led to the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms, then a path from the living room to the kitchen behind me. All the walls were still painfully blank and white.

I got up from the brown couch and felt my tangled hair fall down my back and all in my face. Quickly, I regret my decision to stupidly throw my scrunchy somewhere in the forest yesterday. Stretching out my wings and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and I decided to finally face reality and listen to the conversation my mom must be having in the kitchen.

"So they just showed up and attacked the students?!"

What the hell is she talking about? I had a funny look on my face as I saw hers fill with confusion.

There seemed to be a tired response on the other end of the phone. She let out another gasp of disbelief then pulled out the kitchen chair to sit down in. I waved my arms around to get her attention and she looked up to me like a deer in headlights, eyes open and round.

"Yes, Mr. Aizawa, I'm completely calm. Yes, I'll come by the school today after work and pick up her uniform. Class 1-A, right?" She continued while looking at me. 

"Uniform..?" I whispered to myself. "I have school today! That's what's been bothering me!"

I looked around frantically for some type of clock that would show how late I already was. Nothing. I pulled out my phone to see it's dead with my earbuds still plugged in.

"Damn, I should've paused my music," I exclaim with a huff of air

Groaning loudly I placed my head in my hands, the stress overwhelming me. I didn't even know what school I was going to. Mom told me it was a hero school but there's a couple of those in Japan and she never told me specifically. My first day of school was already ruined and it didn't even start yet.

"So no school today? UA is open again for classes tomorrow morning?" My head shot up to my mother who was sitting with her smartphone held in her hand, now on speakerphone. Her questions sounded like more of a statement as she looked up at me, almost reading my thoughts. A sigh escaped my lips as I listened intensely for a reply.