1.7 || Obstacle Race

~

"Begin!" Midnight announced loudly, signaling for the trial to officially start.

All the students ran in at once, including me. My body smushed up against strangers and I felt my wings being battered by the crowd, "Hey watch the wings!" I yelled. An idea popped into my head. This is the first obstacle, right? I have to stand out or I'll just be another student.

I whispered a sorry to the two boys in front of me, one had red hair as the other had neon yellow. I used their bodies as step stools as I struggled to keep my balance on their roughly moving shoulder. "Wha- Mal! get off," Kaminari shouted in protest, "Ouch! That hurts, psycho!" The red-haired boy added. "Grab on and I'll get you out of this mess," they obliged and grabbed tightly to my ankles. My white wings stretched out, powerful and elegant. I have only trained with carrying a single person, this might be a challenge but I needed to get out of this corridor. White wings flapped strongly in the air and I felt us flying higher, "Step on their shoulders and use your legs to run, I'm here for speed and balance," I commend the two. They both nodded and did as told, stomping on the shoulders of the other students in attempts to reach first place. A hand attempted to grab onto their own ankles but Kirishima sharpened his skin and the yellow shockie boy released small watts to prevent them. "Good job-," Snow, ice, and frost filled the small corridor, I closed my eyes to prevent any harm while putting full trust in my wings to get us out. By the protests of the students, I could only assume the circumstances... Todoroki used his ice quirk.

I felt light hit my skin and opened my eyes to a frozen floor and the opening to the racecourse, "Apologies.." called Todoroki as he ran a few feet ahead of me, "No need, Ice boy!" I yelled out with a smile, flying faster in attempts to pass him. "End of the road, boys," I laughed out as the two boys released my ankles once there were no more people to step on.

Explosions could be heard from behind us. "Wait for me, Mal!" I heard Mina's voice from below me, "Hurry up, slowpoke!" I yelled as she melted the ice with her acid. Our class let out comedic comments when Mineta was hit with a huge piece of metal. "What the hell..." I wondered, afraid, huge robots flooded our way - they declared to terminate us. My wings stopped, hovering in place, "It's those robots from the entrance exams," muttered Midoriya. If they were used in a test, they couldn't be that harmful... right? Present Mic announced something about another obstacle but I was focused on finding out how I could fly over them without being injured. What's the plan...what's the plan???

A robot hand came powering towards Todoroki and me, stopping my thoughts immediately, "Todoroki, look out!" I screamed but instead, he lifted his ice-covered hand to froze the robot and everything connected in the area. "They obviously went through a lot of trouble, but I wish they prepared something a little more difficult," I barely listened as he used his quirk to outstanding lengths, "Especially since my dear old dad is watching." He ran in between the gap from the robot's legs, I noticed it was off balance and wasted no time to speed through before the robot collapsed completely. "Go get 'em, Angel!" Uraraka congratulated me as I smiled in appreciation.

Present Mic was heard yelling over the speaker once again, complementing Todoroki in every way. I heard my name but heard little to no content on my quirk, this was good... I could surprise them. I flew at a pace, confident in Todoroki's power to hold them back.

"Back off, Root," he mumbled, "No way, Todoroki." More explosions echoed in my ears and I fought the urge to look back. The next obstacle, titled The Fall, was a plethora of stone pillars at ground level with large gaps between them, only being connected by small wires.

This was a testing of balance and adaptability and similar to Bakugou, who has caught up to the two of us, I was planning on avoiding this part all together but I didn't want to rely on my wings so easily, I had to show my physical ability too. I jumped from pillar to pillar, with assistance from my wings, as I sped past Todoroki who used his ice to freeze the wires he glided on. "Malaika Root taking the lead! For real, who is this mysterious girl?!" Present Mic boomed. I hopped from the last pillar to the solid ground, the end of the second obstacle. "Wasn't too hard," I panted out, jogging to the next obstacle on foot.