it begins - 始まります

Why do thing always start with me barely waking up?

It just seems like every eventful day in my life begins with me rolling out of bed in the early hours of a Saturday morning, when I could be fast asleep and dreaming of easier times. I can't really complain entirely, not when I can wake up to things like Shota Aizawa everyday. I don't particulary enjoy waking up before my alarm blares at the side of my bed, but if I can open my eyes before he does, if I can soak in the gentler beams of the morning sunlight as I watch him quietly snore beside me, it seems like an even exchange. Sacrificing a couple hours of sleep to see the normally tired man breathe softly, his exhale pushing strands of raven colored hair upwards only for it to collapse onto his face once more, to see his nose twitch, his pale skin being warmed by the sun as it began forcing it's way through our curtains. How lucky do I have to be to wake up in this bed everyday? To go from living alone in a sea of darkness and self loathing, from a girl who could only hear the echoes of her past, and see nothing but her own pain.

From someone who felt like surviving was nothing but a chore.

How can I come from the likes of that, start from there, and end up where I am now? Surrounded by those who love me, doing what I had dreamed about doing since I was a child, and discovering new dreams I wanted to pursue. It wasn't an easy road to take, a simple trail I could follow without second guessing my actions, no-. I had to carve my own path, I had to create my own options and leap into things that weren't always the uncomplicated choices. I had to suffer.

"If you keep staring at me, I'll begin to think you're obsessed." His monotoned voice was raspy and gentle, something I had gotten use to hearing when the grumpy erasure hero barely begins to awake. I smiled to myself, knowing he didn't have the strength to open his eyes yet, as I reached forward and brushed his blackened hair out of his face.

I had to suffer, I had to fight, I had to endure.

"And what if I am?" I asked, my own tone being as soft as a whisper as my touch grazed his cheek. Shota pursed his lips together into a thin, tight line, clearing his throat as he slowly began to move underneath the white sheets of our bed. He rolled onto his back, since being on his side previously must've been uncomfortable to the tired man, stretching his arms upwards, so the blankets covering his bare torso would slip down just enough for me to catch a glimpse of his bare chest.

I had to cheat, I had lie, I had to do things I'm not entirely proud of.

"Creep." He mumbled with a yawn, making my jaw drop in a playful manner. He rose an eyebrow, peering at me through the bangs of his hair with a cheeky smile as I laughed.

But everything I've done, as painful as it might've been, all brought my back to you.

"If that is what you think I am, I guess I can leave." I sighed, tossing the blankets off and sitting up, "I'm obviously not wanted here." I swung my feet off the side of the bed, readying myself to stand but was quickly yanked back by a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist. "Sho!" I was pulled into a mess of a morning cuddle, Shota's body pressed against my back as he squeezed me tightly, resting his chin on my shoulder.

So call me crazy, call me a fool, but believe me I'd do it all over again if it meant feeling your skin against mine for the rest of my life.

"Maybe I like creeps." He muttered into my ear, turning his face to bury his nose into my hair as he inhaled. I snorted at his comment, resting my hands on his arms as they were still knotted around my stomach without the notion of ever letting go. I wish I could stay like this forever. Not specifically in this bed, but just here. In this bubble where Shota Aizawa doesn't have to leave to work, where I don't have to be Harbinger, where the only struggles in our day is getting out bed. This is where I want to be, this is what I want my life to be every single day. But that is asking too much, isn't it?

'Bzzt Bzzt'

The quietest of distractions seemed to shatter my glass castle, destroying whatever peace I was cradling onto. I sighed deeply, feeling Shota press his lips against the back of my neck.

"Isn't Saturday?" He grumbled against my skin, "You don't have to answer it." I reached forward for my phone as Shota stubbornly held me in place.

"It could be the agency," I grunted, still trying to pry from his grasp, "they might need my help, you know how Shinso is." Shota scoffed at my persistence, releasing me just enough so I could snatch my phone from the nightstand at my bedside. After I graduated from UA, I went on to create my own agency, a team of differnt sorts of heroes, heroes that never recieved as much attention or hype as those like All Might. I scouted those with unremarkable quirks, those with powers that weren't as extravagent as smashing through walls or lifting up buses. I gave those a chance, the ones that bigger angencies didn't look twice at. I recruited them, and as they gained experiance in the field with some of my senior residents, I supported them from HQ as Harbinger just how I have done for Eraserhead. Doing so I quickly became an agency people fought to get into...and I've only been in the game for less than a year. I pressed the speaker against my ear after clicking the answer button, "Harbinger." I sunk back into Shota's arms with my phone against the side of my face.

"(Y/n), we have a problem." The boys normally low and unchanging tone sounded different today, he sounded unbalanced, which was out of character for him.

"What's wrong, Shinso?" I asked, trying to maintain a serious composure as Shota pressed his lips against my neck once again but harder this time, biting and sucking at my skin as his hands snaked underneath the band of my pajama pants.

"Well..." The purple haired kid stuttered on the phone as I heard him whisper to someone with him briefly, "No-, no don't let security know, don't tell anyone." My eyebrows furrowed together as I listenened to Hitoshi speak to whomever it was, "If you breathe a word of this, you are done here, understand?" Who is he talking to? Why is he being so serious? Shota's fingers loomed over my sweet spot through my panties, gently doing circles and making my whole body shiver.

"W-What's going on?" I stuttered, trying to ignore the pleasurable feeling pulsing through me as I began to become wetter. Histoshi's hesitation on answering my question only worried me more, my heartbeat quickening as I started to think the agency I had built from the ground up was in danger of crumbling. "Shinso?" I repeated his name once more, as Shota's movements stopped with my tone shifting into panic. I heard Shinso sigh on the other end of the phone, as if he was trying to think of what he could say next, how he could explain whatever it was that was happening.

"Someone is here, they were looking for you..." Shinso trailed off for a moment, "someone bad." I felt my blood run cold as I thought of who it could be that was at my agency in search of me.... Someone bad?

"Are they dangerous?" I asked, "Is everyone okay? Did you detain them?" My questions came out faster than I could move, I was suddenly leaping from Shota's arms and searching the room for some cleaner than normal clothes. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, who it was that had bothered my underlings in search of me, but something in Hitoshi's voice made me realize it was urgent.

"He is dangerous, but he said you knew him, and I didn't want the media knowing that so I brought him into one of our interrogation offices." Shino explained as I held the phone up against my shoulder while pulling up the pencil skirt, I had worn to work yesterday, on. "He said he wouldn't leave until he talked to you." I yanked the zipper on my skirt up with a heave, Shota watching me from bed with concerned eyes.

"Does he have a name?" I spat, throwing off my shirt and grabbing my button up off the floor. "How do know he isn't trying to kill me? Come on Shinso, you know the protocal."

"I do!" Shinso shouted back, anger in his voice making my fingers falter as I tried to weave my shirt closed. "This is different...this isn't in the protocal." I furrowed my brows together, putting my hands on my hips as Shinso sighed deeply, "He told me, 'Tell her, Sparky is here to see her'." My eyes widened as I felt my breath leave me.

Dabi?