☽☾ wildfire ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

(unedited)

I recall as an inconsolable child, there were times I would cry whether it be a tantrum or a result of punishment, but on one hand, could I count the number of times in which I cried so violently and hysterically that I fell asleep. 

This was the first time since my terrible twos (or was it fours?) that I slowly roused to consciousness after my bout of emotional agony. 

My eyelids felt heavy, like super glue was holding them together by the lashes, my cheeks were still sticky from the salty tears, and my mouth was dry and bitter. 

I could feel that my face was pressed against the faux leather cushion of a car seat, and soft music was playing in the background...what was that? Jason Mraz? 

I tasked myself with the chore of blinking my eyes open, the initial blurriness quickly fading. The time on the car dashboard gleamed 6 a.m. What time was it when we got in the car?

I quickly closed my eyes, sucking in a quick breath as memories from last night prodded at the cognitive function of my brain. But I remembered in the midst of the horrific exchange sitting in the office where my paperwork was exchanged...11:02 p.m. 

I'd been asleep at most seven hours. 

I went to sit up and bit back a hiss, feeling my neck cry out in pain. Great Christ, my neck! I sat upright and began to rub where my neck felt twisted and looked around the car. I was in the back seat all by myself. In the floorboard was my bags and upfront driving, I could see that Alpha Blackmon was driving now, and his subordinate was sitting in the passenger seat snoozing. 

I looked out the window, watching as the scenery flew by and a forlorn feeling draped over me like a cloak. It really happened...despite my struggling and defiance, I was still ripped away from my family in this sex trade. 

"Are you hungry?" I heard Donovan's voice inquire and I jolted. 

"No," I immediately responded when my stomach disputed with a groan. I saw his gorgeous, melting honey eyes flicker up to meet mine in the rearview mirror and I set my lips in a firm line, unwavering from decision. 

"There's still 8 hours left in the drive. If you want to go back to sleep-,"

"I don't need your permission," I snapped, my words albeit cold were scathing. I dug into my bag and withdrew my phone, noticing that my line currently was not working. "Why is my phone on factory mode?"

"The packs have to transfer everything over. It includes bills and notes. We'll get it fixed soon so you can call your family and friends," Donovan promised and I sighed, locking my screen as I flopped back on the seat. 

"I decided I'm hungry now," I spoke, staring up at the ceiling. 

"We just passed the exit with all of restaurants and drive thru-," Donovan objected.