☽☾ Hotel Blues ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

It was early in the morning, the sun barely showing its face on the Ash Oak territory.

I glowered at the shuttle with hate, feeling my wolf snarling with malice in agreement as the cool wintry morning air whipped around us. Gray stood dutifully by my side, my father lingering behind us with my duffel bag and that godforsaken, grey dress bag that held the dress I had never hoped to wear.

My fingers, brutalized by the cold, were numbly gripping my thermos of hot coffee, my second dosage this morning. Because, good Christ, was I going to need it.

I could feel my brother's large, warm hand gripping my shoulder, squezzing me reassuringly as he whispered in my ear how he was proud and to do well, three days would be nothing. I will come back, save your goodbyes... I thought indignantly.

I could hear Alpha Daniel barking orders at the shuttle drivers, his unruly, graying hair bound in a knot on the back of his head. When his dark eyes fell upon me, a shudder went down my spine as he sent me a knowing look.

Shit, did I really want to come back to this pack though? I wondered seriously. There were times when I'd stoked the flames of Daniel's rage and I was quick enough to dodge his punishing hand...but there were other times...I tried not to think about that now.

I turned to face my small family, giving Gray my most convincing brave face.

"What are you doing with your face?"

"Brave face?" I said confused.

"Stop, you look like you have to shit," Grayson grinned, biting down a laugh as he pulled me in a for a brief hug. Dad approached us and tapped my brother offering him my bags, leaving me and my old man to ourselves.

"So," I trailed off. Dad took in a deep breath and sighed before roughly gathering me in his arms.

"...just, don't look at me, kid," His voice sounded thick and strained as if he could barely force the words out and my eyes widened when I realized he was holding back tears. "I thought if I could...If I could keep you at a...if you would just..."

If he could distance himself from me already, it wouldn't hurt when I was gone.

I wrapped my arms around his middle.

"Dad?" I said softly, hearing him sniffle into my shoulder. "You're a complete idiot without mom around."

"That's fair," He whispered a laugh into my hair as he squeezed me tighter.

"You won't have to let go for long, dad," I told him sincerely. "We'll get through this."

"I love you, Marcie," My dad pulled back finally for me to see his teary, grey eyes and I crumbled.