[5] Unexpected Admirer

Clay left his class after a long day, he was exhausted. It seemed all he had been doing was maths, ugh he hated it. All he wanted to do now was go home and sleep, but he has Volleyball practice, which he didn't mind. He loved playing it, so he hurried through the halls to the sports hall.

He was walking through the hallway when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Hey! Wait up!" Clay turned around with a sigh. Two boys were walking up behind him.

"What do you want George?" 

George leaned on a locker "I don't recall you giving us that five dollars I asked for? Remember yesterday?" 

Clay rolled his eyes "Look, can I deal with you guys later? I need to go somewhere right now."

George pulled himself off the locker, trying to make himself look a little taller "Where do you need to go? Are you late to see your boyfriend?" George and his friend, Nick, laughed. "Or is mummy calling you home to make din dins?" They laughed again.

Clay tried to walk past them, but George pinned him against the locker before he could get past. Clay banged his head on a sharp bit, which would surely leave a bruise.

"You didn't answer my question, do you have a boyfriend or no?" 

Clay sighed again "No, I don't. And why are you so interested anyway?" he pulled George off him.

"Because he likes youuuuu~" Nick cooed from the side.

"Ugh in your dreams," George made a gagging face "Thats gross, also who the heck would want to date this pathetic thing? Look at him, he's like a scared child!" 

Clay ignored the comment "Can I go now..." he asked wearily.

"Where are you going in such a rush then?" George continued.

"I'm just going to Volleyball practice, OK? Just leave me alone," he pulled out five dollars and pushed them into George's hand.

"Good boy," George winked and started walking the opposite direction to Clay with Nick.

Jesus Christ...

Clay picked up his bag and half-ran to the sports hall.

*

"What do you mean George?" Nick asked.

"I mean, we could like, follow him."

"Why would we do that?" 

"Uh...I don't know, see what he's doing?" 

"Dude, we know that he's going to volleyball or some shit like that"

"What if he's lying?"

"No, he isn't. Have you even seen him play? I've watched him compete in the school games, he is actually pretty good."

"Really?" 

"Yeah, he always wins it for us. I can't believe you've never seen him play...why are you so interested in it now?"

"In what?"

"Volleyball"

"Oh...er I don't know, I guess I kinda like playing it, and watching people play it.."

"Come on then, let's go check out Clay then."

"Uh, OK."