[6] Winter Wonderland

It was a cold day in December, Clay had come to England to spend some time with his best friend George before Christmas.

A light snow was beginning to fall, its frosty little flakes settling gently on the icy ground.

George looked out the window "Clay! Look, its snowing!"

His friend strolled to the window, you looked at it for a few moments "Wow...I've never actually seen snow in person before..."

George looked at him, shocked "WHAT?!"

Clay chuckled "I live in Florida, it almost never snows."

George looked back to the snow "Yeah I guess..."

The smaller boy turned his attention back to the blonde "Shall we go out then?"

Clay smiled "Sure!"

They grabbed their coats and warm clothes and George half-ran outside. The snow was still falling, it was getting heavier.

"What do you wanna do?" George asked, his nose and cheeks already pink from the cold.

"I don't know, what is there to do around here?" 

George thought "We could...go into town? I heard they've got an outside ice rink in town square...but I'm not very good at skating," he laughed.

"That seems like a good idea! I'll help you stay upright, I've been skating a few times."

"Right, I'll go grab my car keys and we can go!"

*

"Wow! This place is amazing!" George looked around the big town square.

"George, you literally live here. Surely you've been here before?"

"Well, yeah. But not when there's all these Christmas decorations...you know I don't get out much..." he smiled "Come on then, I think the ice rink is this way." He took Clays hand in his and guided him through the crowds of people who were Christmas market.

There were colourful lights hanging from buildings, shop windows were full of winter scenes. Children bugging their parents for toys and families chatting, friends laughing and couples embracing. The sight looked perfectly joyful.

They got to the ice rink, it was fairly big. They paid and got their ice skates, George wobbled a bit when trying to stand up with them on, but Clay was there to support him walking to the ice.

"Don't fall!" Clay laughed.

"Its not that simple! You're just showing off..." George sighed.

"Oh come on now, let go of the side!" he was skating in circles next to George who was hanging on to the side for dear life.

"I can't! I need something to hold!" 

Clay offered his warm hand out "I'll make sure you don't fall, I promise."

George hesitantly took it and let go of the side "there you go!" the blonde guided him away from the side.

The smaller squeezed the taller's hand as he slowly shuffled on the ice "I- I'm gonna fall!"

"No you're not, I've got you!" Clay laughed.

"Clay!" George slipped a bit and was about to fall down, but Clay grabbed him and pulled him back upright before he could touch the ground.

"See? I've got you!" 

"Hm...Thank you," George recovered from his stumble.

They steadily skated around the rink, George slowly gaining confidence, but never once letting go of Clays hand.

"Do you want to get something to eat now?" Clay asked.

"Yeah sure!" George was the one guiding Clay off the rink now.

Clay smiled at the pink nosed brunette.

They took their skates off and handed them to the staff.

"What do you want? Theres a nice cozy cafe over there, we could get some food there?" George suggested.

"Sounds good," they walked over to the small cafe, it had small golden fairy lights in the window.

They sat down on a corner table, away from the noise. Clay paid for their lunch, much tot he annoyance of George who was insisting that he pay. 

"Mm, that was delicious!" Clay said as he finished his food.

"Mhm...do you want desert?" George asked innocently.

Clay let out a little smirk "You want desert? George, at least kiss me first, honestly." 

George almost spat out his drink "CLAY! That is NOT what I meant!" 

The blonde started laughing at the flustered George.

"Anyway, what I meant was do you want to go get a hot chocolate or something? There was a lot of hot drink stands outside," George gestured to he market outside.

"Yep! We can do that," they stood up and strolled outside again, the snow had stopped, but a little had settled on the ground, making the square even more festive.

"Two hot chocolates please," George ordered from a stand.

"Would you like any cream or marshmallows?" 

"I'll have both please, Clay do you want any?"

"No I'll just have a plain please."

"OK!" George paid and handed Clay his drink.

"Thank you, do you want to sit down somewhere?" Clay asked, sipping his boiling drink.

"Yeah, we could go to the park and sit on one of the benches?"

"Sure."

They wandered to the park, which was covered in a white comforter of snow.

They sat down on a bench, it had a little overhanging bit, so no snow was on it.

the sipped their drink in a comfortable silence.

They both finished their hot chocolate and enjoyed the presents of each other, but soon the warmth of the drink left George, and he felt very cold.

His teeth started chattering a little as he tried to warm his hands up a little, Clay took notice of this.

"you OK George? You seem a little cold."

"I'm f-fine, my hands are just a little chilly," George rubbed them together.

"Here," Clay took Georges hands and put them under his shirt, warming them immediately.

"I-uhm...er thank you," George tried to cover his blush, but that was impossible seen as though his hands were under the blondes shirt.

"No problem," Clay said with a smile.

||I have officially lost motivation for this story, bye-

thanks for reading though, you're very swag B)

ADIOS AMIGOS||