Marriage and controversy

By zindagikilikhavatein

A/n:- I'm so happy and overwhelmed while writing this story. EDKV and the character of Shravan and Suman had been very close to me. And celebrating the EDKV Anniversary is a great pleasure. Congratulations everyone, we completed five years yet the spirit is alive.

Alert: More than 5000 words ahead.

Title: Fight for us

Why is this so difficult?" Shravan ask himself trying to do the knot of his tie and answered himself "because you love her and you miss her Shravan". As the words reverberate in his head, his gaze automatically meets the reflection in the big mirror standing in front of him. Tall and rigid, just the way he had been off late. Every day he looks at himself in the mirror, and  fail to recognize the person standing in front of me. He was devoid of emotions. Without her. A cold feeling solidifies like a block of ice.  Every day seems a new struggle these days, a struggle to hold this facade stronger when it persists on slipping with such vengeance. Thanks to the sentence he uttered and the papers she gave. Divorce!

It wasn't a happy morning today. Tiwariji was lying unconscious on his bed with a lot of machines and tubes attached to his body. The doctor said he had a heart attack last night. He refused to stay in hospital so he was shifted in his room with all the equipment and a nurse at his expense on Ramnath's request. All the Malhotras and Tiwaris were there in the hall sitting waiting for her. Suman had left Shravan Malhotra three years ago leaving behind a letter and divorce papers in Pushkar's hands. Even today Shravan reads that letter and cries. He never signed those divorce papers but she did. He knew his decision to marry in court was a mistake but their marriage was the most beautiful decision they took. After the court marriage they had been fighting all along because of silly misunderstandings but their love lived. That fateful morning brought lights of hope in their life but the very night of that day drowned all the hopes. His one sentence broke her.

Shravan,
Ten years ago when you left India you took away a part of me with you. I was all alone here to fight the odds of my life but you lived with me in my heart where you belong to. Yes I love you Shravan, my Chashmish. But you hurt me. You broke me. You gave up on me. You're a coward. I can't stay with you. If I did, you'll break me again. The first chance you'll get to run away you'll leave me all alone. Hurt and broken. Stay happy forever and sign those divorce papers free me.

Shravan ki Sumo forever.

Suman left that day forever to never look back. Even Pushkar doesn't know where she is. The only contact with her was an email ID. She was mailed last night by Pushkar about Tiwariji's health and they were expecting her to come though she didn't reply.

Preeti brought tea for everyone when suddenly a toddler approximately 3 years old came inside the house. A cute child wearing a penguin onesie ran around the hall looking at everyone and giving a toothy smile.

Finally Pushkar held the running kid and held him in his arms so he doesn't hurt himself.

"Hey baby! Who are you?" Pushkar asked

"Who ale you?" Kid asked

"Pushkar"

"Pukal, Pukal Pukal!" The kid sang