Meri yaadon ka Shravan

By Aish1609

“Shravan....Shravan.....” I shouted with all the power I had in me, I was fighting... I was fighting for my own self. I was fighting with the masculine stature of Aditya but I was weak. I was fragile. I was tired not just because of struggling myself out of his grip but the whole turmoil and the things going on in my Life , I was now really tired. But still I just remembered him and I know if he hears me he will come running for me. So I shouted again

“Shravan..... Shravan...”And then a loud bang on the door and the door came flying with hinges. Aditya stopped and both of our gaze turned towards the door. There I saw HIM standing with utter shock. Everyone came inside and all were shocked seeing me in this condition. As Aditya was little lost in this I found his grip loosening. I immediately pushed him away from me and rushed to Shravan. I hugged him with all my might left. He stumbled few steps back before holding us stable. He wrapped his arms around me and slowly rubbed my back. “Ssshhhh Sumo. I am here only.” I buried my face more into him.

Allowing me to settle in his arms slowly he removed me from him. I protested, I didn’t want him to let go. “Sumo.. Trust me” I looked into his eyes and I knew what he conveyed. He removed his blazer and put it around me. I clutched it around me tight his perfume engulfed me giving me much relief he asked Preeti to hold me. Preeti hugged me and moved me a little back. I looked towards Shravan his eyes which were soft towards me when turned towards Aditya a different rage built up. I swear if I stared for a little more of the time it would had burnt me alive.

Shravan stormed towards Aditya holding him by his collar he lifted him up his legs strangling in air. “How dare you touch my Sumo?” He gritted his teeth.

“How dare you do that?” And then he threw him hard on the floor. “Shravan” everyone shouted. Nirmala aunty came forward to help his son.. Aditya.

“Shravan what are you doing?” Nirmala came in between them. “Mrs. Ahuja do not interfere.” He said very coldly. And then he again stormed towards Aditya who was just trying to overcome the first blow was again punched by Shravan hard.

“ Shravan stop” Ramnath uncle came forward. Trying to hold his hand but he paid no heed and gave punch after punch on his face.

“Shravan” I shouted. Although I didn’t want him to stop but I needed to stop him or else if Aditya dies Shravan will be in great trouble. I very well know him. He will kill Aditya. His eyes showed that rage. He didn’t hear me.

I again shouted “Shravan” and his hand stopped in mid air. He immediately looked towards me his eyes softened instantly. I just nodded a no with my tears falling off my eyes. He pushed Aditya away and stood up. He then slowly came towards me and put a hand around me holding close to him. As much as I feared to let him go I felt the same fear in his hold.

Nirmala Aunty helped Aditya to stand up and make him seat on my bed. “Adi why did you do this to Sumo? Today you be shamed me infront of everyone” Aunty cried. “Mom. Please...please don not take me wrong, here only this son of yours is not at fault, your other one is also at same fault.”

What the heck was he saying. I looked towards Shravan thinking him to protest but he didn’t and he immediately lowered his gaze I opened my mouth to say something but...but couldn’t. “No No Shravan can’t be at fault” I repeated inside my mind. “Aditya. What the hell are you talking about my son? Everyone here has witnessed how cheap you are?”

“Adi please do not explain your deed you are wrong here.” Nirmala Aunty looked very ashamed. “Now come with me.” She dragged him out of the room. Everyone followed them. As I came out of the room I saw everyone there staring me. Making me feel more naked. I tightened the blazer around me to hide myself from there stare. A hand came on my shoulder and he pulled me closer to him. I looked up towards him. His eyes held love, care, regret and guilt. That guilt, I know it’s hurting him but more than him it’s hurting me.

He knew I could see his inside he immediately removed his gaze away. “Mom please stop let me please put my words” Aditya said stopping his mother.

“Aditya please you have no more rights to put your words in my house. Nirmala I respect you so I am quite but if Aditya speaks one more word than I will not be able to stop myself. Please I beg you go away from here. And i also request all the other guest to go. Thank you for coming” Nanu joined his hands infront of everyone. I also lowered my gaze tears falling down.

“Preeti take Suman to her room” Nanu said. I found Shravan’s hand immediately fall from my shoulder. He was about to leave when I held his hand. I..I don’t want him to go. He must stay. His Sumo needs him. Shravan looked towards me. I nodded a no.

He then looked towards Nanu seeking for his permission. Nanu delighted said a yes. He then escorted me to my own room. As soon as I entered my room the way it was disheaveled it exactly portrayed my inner self. An eerie feeling ran through my soul. “Sumo Aditya is gone. And I promise you he will never come back” his fingers interlaced mine.

I was made to sit on the bed by him. “Preeti take out her clothes and make her change. I will be waiting just outside the room” he said.

After about 15 mins I was changed to my night clothes and was sitting on the bed lost in my thoughts. “I again took Shravan wrong. He had always been my saviour. From childhood he is the one who saved me every time and when it was my time I betrayed him. He had been the most loyal one. If today Shravan didn’t come on time then I...” I felt short of breathe thinking about the consequences.

Shravan entered the room and slowly sat infront of me. “Do you need anything?” He asked ever so gently. I nodded a no. “Hmm”. “Shravan” I called. “Thank you. You...You always had been my saviour...And thank you for everything” A lone tear escapes from his eyes. And my heart breaks into million pieces.

“Shravan” I raised my hand and wiped it. “I don’t deserve it Sumo. I don’t deserve that Thank you. I....I am at fault Sumo” his words made me terrified.

“ Shra...Shravan...what...what fault.” I asked my voice shaking. “Aditya had a bachelors party last night...and” he said gulping.

“And?” I asked.

“And we were little drunk when... when I..I said.. I mean I said to him...”

“Yes Shravan what did you say?” I asked.

“I said that..you..you and me we..I mean..we had physical physical relationship we shared...shared intimate relationship like..like husband and wife” He blurted. And I sucked up a good amount of air inside. The day is getting more tougher by passing hours.

“Shravan.. How...How could you.” Tears rolling down. “Sumo trust me I didn’t know he would do this. I was.. I was just jealous. I..” he was shaking badly.

I don’t know what to do. To be angry or to cry for him. I don’t know.

“Shravan where come you got such feeling of envy and jealousy. Where is my pure Shravan. Who always had good feelings in his heart. Where is my happy Shravan who was always chirpy and happy. Where is my Shravan who could never do wrong to anybody even if the other one was at fault. Where is that chasmish Shravan?”

“In your memories Sumo. I am no more the same Shravan you knew and I also know you cannot survive this Shravan. It’s better I go very far away from you. Or else I don’t know my anger my envy will burn you completely” he said and was about to leave when I held his hand , he turned to look at me. “Can’t I get back “meri yaadon ka Shravan”? I asked him. His gaze lowered down. “ I don’t know Sumo I really don’t”

I immediately stood up and came close to him. I lifted his face up and asked him to look at me. I don’t know what came in my mind. I sealed my lips with his. He was taken a little back. But slowly his hand came up to my waist holding me and he kissed back passionately. Might be I was trying to take his pain or might be I was giving out MINE.