9 - Devil's Hour

ABANDONED MINE; 3am
3rd Person

Caliban followed Lilith into an abandoned mine. As they both walked deeper and deeper into the mine they could feel the dark energy pouring out from it. The closer they went in, the stronger it got. Caliban could feel all the death, loneliness, and anger seep from this unknown source. Caliban could resonate with it, but at the same time he could feel his own fear growing stronger about himself and what was happening. Had he gone too far now?

"Where are you taking me?" Caliban asked as he became curious. This didn't have to deal with him anymore and he could read it in Lilith's mind. Lilith snickered as they approached a dead end.

"To meet your true father." Lilith spoke and she flicked her hand in the air, releasing a spark of fire. The fire lit up the entire cave and the dead end was a wall inscribed with satanic letters. A crack was in the middle of the wall with hand paintings of demons. Lilith placed her palm on to the wall and she gasped. "I can feel him waiting right behind this door."

"What is this?" Caliban asked as he could feel the dark energy empowering him. For the first time in his life, he felt as if he had finally belonged. He could hear voices calling out to him, praising him as their divine Prince of hell.

"One of many portals to Hell child." Lilith backed away from the huge doors to hell, and stood behind Caliban. Caliban could hear his father, Lucifer, calling out to him. "Your father has been trapped in hell since the beginning of time. With your divine powers, you can finally release him. Be apart of the family you never had."

"I don't know how." Caliban hesitated as he wanted this. He wanted to finally meet his creator. The man that brought him life. The man that gave him purpose.

"Silly child. Of course you do." Lilith smiled. "Feel the power seep from that crack. Focus on it, and let your mind do the rest." Lilith commanded Caliban, and he did exactly as he told her.

Caliban shut his eyes and reached his hand towards the door. He could hear the screams and chaos coming from behind the door. Most of all, he could feel a powerful sense of rage, and anger awaiting from behind the door. Caliban could feel the thing inside of him take over, letting it control him and who he was. Everything that caused him pain fueled his power and thus the doors began to slowly slide apart from each other. A strong heat vented through it and Lilith backed away as the heat began to hurt her.

Caliban withstood the burst of heat, as it did not harm to him. His anger made him immune, his pain made him strong, and his rage gave him power. The doors steadily slid apart from each other wider and wider, until it could be fully opened. The mine shook and rumbled as rocks from the ceiling of the mine began to drop around Caliban's feet. Screams roared through the opened doors and Caliban opened his eyes as he grunted. 

Caliban stopped when he realized he opened the entrance to hell. Caliban could hear the billions of loud screams and cries wailing from deep within. Caliban took a deep sigh of relief feeling confident that he was still growing in strength.

Caliban looked straight into Hell and saw nothing but the rich red dirt, rusty red clouds of fog, and sparse out huge rocks. As Caliban stared at Hell, a manly figure began to walk out of the thick fog of fire-air. As he walked towards the opening his figure began to become more clearer. A naked man with glistening tan skin walked out. His dark black hair flowed in the air as it had a life of its own, with his muscles bulging out of his own skin.

"Son." The man spoke and as he did, Caliban could feel the sinister darkness that radiated from the man. He felt frightful, but fearless at the same time. Caliban could sense that the divine man that stood in front of him wasn't nearly as powerful as him. 

"Lucifer! My Dark Lord!" Lilith ran to the devil's feet and fell to the ground. She kissed his feet out of respect to please the lord of darkness. Lucifer looked at his son with pride knowing he had done well with his plan that took many eons to execute properly. Everything was falling right into Lucifer's hand as he had planned it. 

Lucifer placed his hands on his son's face. The same hands that had sculpted the handsome face of Caliban out of clay. "Father." Caliban spoke up as he had found himself his real family. His real home. 

"Come now Caliban Morningstar. It's time for the apocalypse." Lucifer spoke with a smile to his weapon of destruction.