☦︎︎ 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚑 ☦︎︎

*I am so close to 200!! Reads!! I appreciate it so much I never thought I would come this far. It makes me so motivated!! And Tysm!!!!!I love you all and hope you have a great day! Enjoy and feel free to leave any suggestions! ❤︎ *

We had been stumbling across this desert for about an hour, we became closer. I found out that Me,Newt and Teresa have a lot in common.
But that still couldn't distract me from that dream I had last night... I can't stop thinking about them. How I lead them to death. Left them there to die. Sometimes it's like I'm being held underwater but my thoughts, are the ones holding me down. Like I'm stuck in an endless loop trying to fight my mind.
"Ash? You alright?" Newt says breaking my out of my thoughts.
"Oh, um yeah." I nod with a smile.
"You sure?" He says, looking concerned.
I nod, taking a sip of my water.
We get to the steepest hill of sand there was so far, we all struggled but managed. We finally made it to the top. It felt like we were on top of the world I couldn't help but let a huge smile take over my face. I shifted my eyes over to newt, he was already starring he had a smile on his face too. I laughed.
I let out a sigh of relief, finally I can breath again.
"There, that's where we are heading." Thomas says pointing to the mountains.
I look out to the distance, maybe one day we will be free.
I noticed that Winston, was about to take off his bag, then he fell. Collapsing onto the sand. Everyone rushed over to him. I put my hand to his head, it was burning. I reached for my water and immediately splashed it over his face. Then I checked his pulse, it was a little slow but it was okay.
"He can't walk." I say, shifting my eyes to Thomas.
"And you won't be able to support him all the way."
"Look around for any type of wood or material like some plastic or something." Thomas said.
"I'll help him over to that shelter." I smile, picking him up. We stumbled across the sand over to what looked like some bricks from the destroyed town.
I layed him down on a t-shirt, from my bag.
"Here, your going to need to drink." I whisper.
He slowly opens his mouth, I pour the liquid into his mouth gently.
"I'll be back soon."
I figured that I could be helpful and look for some materials. I head over to Aris to help him.
"Hey" he nods.
"Hey!" I reply
I help him search around for a bit,
"Was that you last night?" I say furrowing my eyebrows together.
"What was me?" He laughed.
"Wait. It wasn't you? Who comforted me?" I say confused.
"Uh no?" He laughs.
"Um ok, alright." I carry on searching, still confused on who that could possibly be. Maybe it was Thomas, he might of thought that I was Teresa or something. Wait, how did he manage to get that far away from me? Who was closes to me.. It was either Newt or Fry!
"Ash, I think we have enough stuff" Aris giggles.
"Oh yeah, right!" I laugh.
I had found a few useful things but other than that, it was all pieces of stone, brick and sand. We ended up making this bed that you can carry, sort of thing.
We all took turns on carrying Winston.
"It's getting dark, we should find some shelter."
"Good idea." Thomas nods, he seemed distant from the group like something was bothering him.
"Are you alright?" I ask
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" He replies.
"You just seem distant, like somethings on your mind I guess." I say, heading over to some shelter I spotted.
"No, No im fine thanks though." He smiles and follows behind me.
Finally, we had a chance to get some rest. I gathered some spare wood for a fire. Minho helped. We all sat around telling story's about what happened in our mazes.
Yet, still no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get that guilt of leaving my friends to die.
Guilt. It's almost as if its the loudest sound in the world but it comes out in silence.
I should just get some rest.

I am the first to wake up, laying there paralysed from all these emotions, Anger, Guilt, sadness, confusion. Holding back, what could be an ocean of tears for all I know.
"Ash? Are you awake?" I hear a voice say.
I shoot up, it was Aris.
"Yeah" my voice cracks. I walk over to him and sit beside him laying my head on his shoulder.
"Do you ever feel guilty for leaving all of those people behind?" I mumble.
"Yeah. I do." He reply's wrapping his arm around me. My eyes begin to fill up with tears, one by one they stream down my cheeks.
"Don't cry!" Aris whispers, wiping the tears of my face.
"It's not your fault." He says, pulling me into a hug.
It was like he was pulling me out of the darkness, what the hell, what would I do without him.
"What would I do without you? Huh?" I mumble, pulling out of the hug.
"And what would I do without you" he smiles.
We sit back down, I lay down placing my head on his knees, while we wait for the others to wake up. 
Newt was the first to wake up.
I sit up,
"Morningggg" I say, laughing at his bed hair.
He groans,
"Let me guess, you aren't a morning person?" I laugh.
He smiles, grabbing his water bottle. Taking a sip.
It was funny to see them all wake up, their bed hair and faces. They look confused. We are all awake now, we had some out of date oranges how nice.
"Well that was certainly delicious." Minho says sarcastically.
"Certainly!" I nod, throwing the orange peel at him.
"EhWwww" he moans.
We all laugh, it was nice to see as having a good time. Laughing. Who thought we could be so happy in our situation?!
That whole mode changed right there, Winstons breathing started to get out of control. It wasn't a panic attack. He was turning into one of those, his veins were darkening and he was turning pale.
Newt, gives him some water.
Winston reaches for my gun,
BANG!
It just skipped his head.
"What the hell are you doing?!" I shout grabbing the gun.
"Please don't let me turn into one of those." He lifts his shirt up. To reveal, his pale stomach with black veins bulging out, a deep cut, it was like something was growing inside of him. We all gasped, taking in what was happening.
Newt crouches down beside him, giving him the gun.
"Thank you." He whispers.
Newt nods, he grabs his bag and walks off, followed by Teresa and Aris.
"I'm so sorry.." I whisper with a single tear running down my cheek.
I grab my bag and walk off, catching up to the others. We were shortly followed by Thomas, Minho and Frypan. Fry seemed the most affected, I hugged him.
"It's going to be ok. I promise, do it for him." I whisper, pulling away and walking ahead.
BANG.
The seven of us stoped.
Right there, I felt like I was floating, feeling nothing but sorrow for this young boy I barely got to know.
His life, being taken away because of me. If I would of just made him go in-front of me he would of never been infected.

*Sorry if it's short! I have an idea for the next chapter I might post it today, depending on what I can think off if not I will hopefully update tomorrow! I hope you enjoyed it! And feel free to leave any suggestions! ❤︎ I also might do different point of views! I'll be posting soon! ❣︎*