The Chariot - Chapter 6

Chapter Six - Goodnight Kisses

Draco put away the borrowed books back into the Arithmancy classroom and slowly made his way down to the Great Hall. He was still shocked by what had happened. He couldn't believe that Harry Potter had dared to kiss him! Just the simple fact that he had come forward and placed a kiss upon his lips… Draco felt furious, more than furious, he was positively livid.

And anyway, Draco had always figured that out of the both of them, it would have been he, Draco, who would have made the first move, if there had been a first move. He was so pissed off that Potter had done it first. Not that he had wanted to or anything. Kiss Potter? Blech, what a disgusting thought? But just theoretically speaking, Draco should have been the instigator not Potter.

And to top it all off, making this whole situation much worse - it had been the sweetest kiss he had ever received. Nervous lips, slowly pressing against his own. Draco closed his eyes, caught in the memory and gulped.

He felt so very strange. Deeply unsettled. Potter had done a complete one eighty. Up till now, there had been moments when Draco had felt a horrifying surge of attraction to Potter but he hadn't acted upon it. It had been leading up to it, Draco knew that deep down. He just hadn't given Potter enough credit to initiate it. You can't kiss someone and expect it not to change things. Potter couldn't be that dense. The Gryffindor had changed their relationship forever, straying from the path that they had both known so well. Just one little kiss and it had torn through the fabric of their world, as they knew it.

But now that Potter had, it sparked off a primal instinct in Draco. He felt wired and the adrenalin now pounded through his body. He was overcome with this mad desire to hunt Potter down and slam him into a wall and kill him or just hurt him really badly. He wanted to chew Potter whole, gnaw and bite him, squeeze him and rip him into shreds of lust and pent up desire. Weave them into an intricate pattern and tear it apart with his teeth. He had never felt so wildly passionate about anything in his life as he did now, after such a simple kiss….

Potter always drove him to the edge of containment.

For the first time last year, during a Quidditch match, he had broken through Potters self-restraint bubble. Potter had gone for him, his fist plunging into his stomach like a cannonball. Draco had been shocked that he had caused such a reaction. But in a twisted way, he had felt a deep satisfaction that he had been the one to make Potter that mad. He had been wild and furious and Draco knew that not many people could get under Potter's skin. Not like he could.

And now…..there was the matter of the kiss.

The green-eyed boy had looked horrified when he had leaned back and realised what he had just done. Like he had been whacked by a two tonne, sledgehammer in fact. Draco had seen the frantic look in Potter's eyes and Draco now suddenly wished he had grabbed the boy and shook him? Punch him? He should have done something - but he had been too stunned to move. By the time he had come out of his apoplectic state, the Gryffindor had fled.

He took a deep breath and went into the hall, glancing over at the dark-haired boy. His face was bent over his plate and he was prodding his food with his fork. Draco felt a wave of something close to tenderness engulf him, no matter how hard he tried to smother it and also felt the delightful fire that had spread through him, after feeling Potter's lips against his. Draco took a seat and casually watched the Gryffindor from afar. If Potter had dared to look at anything other than this plate, Draco might have been able to catch his eye. But there didn't seem to be any danger of that happening any time soon.

He knew that Potter had Defence Against The Dark Arts after lunch. Draco had Transfiguration himself, but if he hurried he could get a hold of the dark-haired boy. It seemed imperative that he did so. Resolve this new opened up door. Shut it or close it, but Draco would make sure that he would be the one who was going to decide what happened next. He didn't know if he wanted to ravage the Gryffindor with kisses that would burn through his skin or just hurl him through a stonewall and watch his skull split apart. He would make up his mind when he saw the boy.